DAYS: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Eileen Davidson doesn't win an Emmy for this I wouldn't be surprised. The Emmy voters hardly EVER get it right! This has to be the best exchange between Marlena and Kristen this year! Eileen played it so well and conveyed SO much about Kristen in these scenes. She drew from years of Kristen's history with Marlena to convey the depths of the hatred and contempt she has for Mar. The reason why I love this rivalry so much is because Marlena is the only one that can get Kristen this unhinged. Kristen's hatred for Marlena is so deep that it is Kristen's achilles heel because she eventually becomes her own worst enemy especially when she gets desperate and out of control. Kristen definitely won the verbal battle between the two, however Marlena won the psychological battle. Yes, Marlena was a bit affected by what Kristen had to say re: John, however, she was in control enough to not let Kristen feel as if she won to the point where Kristen had to stop her again to remind her about her and John out of desperation to get some reaction out of her. People may think that Marlena is sanctimonious and smug, however, that is how she chooses to deal with Kristen so that Kristen doesn't get the psychological upper hand with her. Marlena definitely looks down on Kristen but it seems that Kristen has always kinda wanted to be Marlena in a sense. She had both a father (Stefano) and a (sorta) husband (John) who has always been obsessed with Marlena and Marlena had the kind of love that Kristen has always wanted but never had.

By the way, does anyone notice that Kristen is always throwing something whenever she has a confrontation with Marlena about an issue that is deep for her? I vividly remember Kristen throwing a vase back in 96 when Marlena told her she was going to tell John about the letter she found, then throwing a phone when Marlena confronted her about her baby lies , then she threw her purse when Marlena tricked out of custody for Elvis, now she is back to throwing things. I just thought that was funny.

• Members

I agree that the confrontation between Kristen/marlena.. plus the Kristen/Brady scene should be on Eileen's submission reel for next year. It all depends on the episodes submitted so hopefully someone will advise Eileen what to submit.

Archived