AMC: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Way behind everyone again...

I was going to come here to complain about Heather, but I see that was already taken care of. I am interested in the Celia/Evelyn relationship. Pete hacking in to find info on teenage girls bothered me a little.

Once again my favorite scenes were in the Angie/Jessie story. The kidnapping story doesn't hold my interest quite as much but it's not bad so far (I did laugh at Zach's intro scene). I loved that Angie sat around talking about the various problems of other people in Pine Valley. This is what got me hooked on soaps. And I'd much rather have Joe as Angie's confidante than as the head of the Martin hypocrites.

I've always had a soft spot for Dixie, but I need Cady to tone down the makeup and hair extensions. It's too glossy. Other than the hysteria moment with Brooke I think Cady's acting has been fine. I did laugh again when it looked like JR was trying to flip her off - a few posters here must have influenced him.

I'm not sure of the opening credits - the music is annoying, although it gets better. They also seem to be something of a big spoiler - if you watch those you can already guess JR will wake up. They remind me a little of the PC credits, for reasons I can't fully explain. Not a big fan of those.

I enjoyed the scene with Bianca and Miranda. I think they did a good job in trying to show a daughter who loves her mother but wants to branch out and sees herself as being very different from the rest of the family. I was barely watching when CBL was in the role (not because of CBL, just because of my relationship with the show), but having Eden back felt somehow so right to me. I wasn't expecting that. She really grounds the show for me, along with Angie and Opal and a few others.

I like Jane so far.

For a minute I got freaked out and thought they were going to start an AJ/Brooke forbidden romance, like that Sigourney Weaver movie three people watched.

Archived