OLTL - Monday, April 29th 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, we'll have to see, won't we? I'll judge for myself very shortly and however she is, she can always improve. I watched enough Days of our Lives to witness some serious trials by fire. To say nothing of Our Andrew.

• Members

I have to say I enjoyed AMC more than this. This didn't seem to quite have the same amount of heart so to speak if that made any sense

Sh-t, sh-t, sh-t and more sh-t! I felt they were dropping that word around too much. Took me a back at first

David...ugh! He was easily the worst thing of the episode and I still cant take any of that nonsense

As cheesy as the opening is, its better than the crapfest ABC had towards the end. Not by much

Dani...what a hot ass mess. I really like the younger set. So Matthew is a deadbeat? Too bad he didn't step up like he said he would. So far digging Destiny and like Corbin's character

Natalie is a mother biggrin.png. Liam has gotten so big and loved their short little scene

• Members

Liked the episode and I think the things I felt a little lost with were mostly just because I hadn't watched the show before! I liked how topical Dorian's scandal was. Information about CIA extraordinary rendition sites, which are an affront to human rights and should be closed. That's way more serious and real than anything I've seen on a soap before, and shows that OLTL, and David, may have a lot of humor or camp but OLTL is actually going to be about something too.

David having his vision of his entrance to the club, and then the reality, was awesomely funny. The reality show was a nice touch too.

I also liked Bo and Nora confronting Matthew over the drugs, and Matthew calling Destiny his baby mama! The way Rob Gorrie delivered that was good too. Fine debut for Corbin Bleu as Jeffrey King, and I expected nothing less. Laura Harrier was also great as Destiny -- I would have had no idea she never did much acting before.

The techno music was cool. Cutter/Natalie felt a little forced. But their dancing to the techno or whatever was kind of hot -- it made me think I was watching a scene in a Bollywood movie. (There are lots of Bollywood songs set in clubs with the characters locking eyes dancing off to very cool, modern techno-ish music, although they'd be singing too.) If they do a Rama/Cutter/Natalie triangle, I would be interested.

I think it would have been nice to have real credits at some point and not just a thank you to the fans. I appreciate it and all, but ... So I'm waiting to see what the real credits will be like tomorrow.

Everyone knew that cliffhanger was coming pretty much ... But still, it definitely will bring me back for more.

Opening theme was okay but not that memorable.

Archived