AMC - Monday, April 29, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, we've been over this. You loved the Kreizman era. About 80-95% of the audience did not. I don't think it was entirely without merit or that all those characters were so bad, but the fact is that Asher, ManColby, Caleb, the two Scotts, Madison, Maya, even poor Marissa #2, while some of them were quite nice, were all basically disposable. The show had become alien to a lot of people who aren't quite so plugged in and totally into it minute by minute as you or I - and even I didn't care that much anymore. That's what these posters are talking about. To them, and to a lot of the general audience, it was mostly strangers.

I thought Broderick and co. pulled it back from the brink pretty well by the end, but it was still a rushed patch job. I think reinventing the whole canvas was very smart.

• Members

Slap them.

Seriously though, I really do believe there is a contingent of fans - or former fans I should say - who are pissed that it's not on regular network TV like it's ALWAYS been, and they aren't going to be happy no matter what PP/TOLN does. They aren't going to like the five year jump, they aren't going to like the SORAS'd kids, they aren't going to like the cussing or the nudity or the hotter sex scenes, and they're going to complain endlessly that Tad, Erica, Greenlee, etc. aren't on the show. If they can't have AMC the way they want it, they aren't going to watch, and unfortunately, they aren't going to just shut up about it either.

Archived