Actors who always had a mature/matronly look

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would say Susan Lucci. Going back to the 70s and 80s, she always looked like a 30/40 something trying to play much younger. I don't think she's really aged too much in the last decade or so bc her age # caught up with her physical appearance. Seriously pick any episode from the mid 80s to early 00s and she roughly looks the same age. It's easy to buy Erica as being 40ish for like 20 years straight

• Members

Kate Mulgrew as the 2nd to youngest Ryan was Ridiculous! Or was she older than Patty? I don't think she was. She looked older and acted older than Frank, so it made no sense that she was cast to be so young. I certainly understand the appeal of the actress, but it still made no sense.

Nancy Addison (RIP)! I just loved her and always thought she was one of the most striking women on TV ever! She did come off as very mature.

• Members

Kate Mulgrew was only 19 when she was cast as Mary on Ryan's Hope, and played a college graduate. So in reality her being the youngest originally (until they created Siobhan) made sense. What was weirder of course was that Jack (Michael Levin) was the same age as the actors who played her parents though he was supposed to only be in his 30s.

• Members

I think when Genie Francis returned to soaps (DAYS, AMC) in the late 80's she looked to be mid-30's already, despite looking so young in the early 80's.

Kim Zimmer, love my girl, but she aged quickly in looks. So it's no surprise that by 1987 (when she was only 32) they saddled Reva with adult son Dylan (and he himself looked much older than 17!)

• Members

I remember seeing that 1968 promo for CBS soaps on you tube and noticed how Charita Bauer (GL) and Marla Adams (Secret Storm) looked so matronly, but it seemed by the late 70's both actresses started looking younger and more glamorous.

Archived