Resolving Loading Issues

Errol

As many of you have noted, over the past couple of days our website has been hitting a snails crawl pace when it comes to trying to hit the latest news on the main page or discussing soaps on the SON Community. We've been able to find out the problem and it's quite simply due to increased traffic on the site overall, which is causing this situation.

While I was advised that it wouldn't be necessary, I still wanted to let you all know that late Friday evening/early AM Saturday morning, we will be moving our site to new systems that will be able to handle the increased traffic as well as handle numerous other situations that I don't need to elaborate on.

I've been told that there will be little or no downtime at all as technology has advanced to the point that you can continue posting on the boards without noticing much (if any) differences (ie. error/timeout messages).

I've been told that there will be little or no downtime at all

Famous last words Errol. LOL! Here's hoping you aren't pulling your hair out Saturday afternoon.

Do us a favor Errol, please shut the board off to guests until the loading issues are resolved, regular members can't get on cause we get overloaded with guests, and it's very annoying. I've been trying to get on for the last ten minutes and couldn't cause of this sleep.png

Famous last words Errol. LOL! Here's hoping you aren't pulling your hair out Saturday afternoon.

I did end up pulling some out :)

Archived