When and Why Did Cartini Lose Favor on This Board?

• Members

I've been out of the loop for quite some time, but I have noticed that the comments about Cartini are now largely negative (as opposed to the largely positive reception that that got here two years ago). When did the tide start to turn? I'm even more curious about why this attitude shift has occurred. Yes, I know that their productions are deeply flawed, but I don't think that today's GH is any worse than their run at OLTL was.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was done in March 2010. Up until that point, I could turn my head from their faults and still enjoy episodes of the show, but after that -- various events, firings, storylines, etc -- it all became too much and I just didn't want to make the effort anymore. I gave them chances every few months after that, but I never watched another full episode after the point on through to the finale.

And I just don't really care about GH.

• Members

I think the discontent began with some of the 40th anniversary material (especially the misguided "flashbacks" with Natalie and Jared), but I didn't see a total backlash 'til around late-fall '09, which is when Cartini's material seemed to bounce between total insanity and utter boredom.

• Members

Come on VH! That's such crap and you know it. Not one week ago, you were calling FRon out for the hacks THEY ARE when you thought Brenda was going under the bus for doing the Spreadeagle for Michael (she's still going under, you know). The eppy had not even aired and you were comparing them to Guza and you were "out this bitch for good". FRon aren't hacks just because we don't like the "writing" for our favorites. They are hacks because they "write" garbage day in and out - a structureless show that has strayed so far from what a soap should be!

Keep it real, my friend smile.png

I was ok with Guza/Phelps and ok with the mob, but I don't miss them; however, in comparison to the current trash, I'd take Guza/Phelps back in a heartbeat! Hell, these mofos have me longing for Reilly!

We can never leave out The Resurrection of Gigi Moraco! Lawd!!!!!

• Members

The only reason ONLY REASON, and I don't say this lightly, that Higley was worse than Ron is because of the Spencer Truman mess that went on for more than a year. Outside of Reilly, Carlivati has been the worst in the industry for me. He's not a writer, and it shows in EVERYTHING he does. I'm beyond disgusted by him!

Archived