Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Errol

Status Updates to be removed...

if people continue bashing each other because they don't know how to better speak to each other.

As stated, if members of the SON Community can not learn how to speak to one another without utilizing curse words, trash talk and worse behavior, we will be removing the Status Updates ability forever and begin deactivating member accounts immediately.

Also, please don't have anything too spoilery in your statuses. For example, if there's a big reveal like Stravros being alive, don't post "Stravros is back!!!" in your update. That can spoil people on the west coast, or who haven't seen the show yet. We have discussion threads where you can express your opinion.

I just saw this. I don't get the point of the warning, just get rid of the status updates and do it now. It has been abused for months, full of passive aggressive crap that I don't even get most of of the time. I never bothered to complain because I know that mods can see and if you don't care about the atmosphere and quality of your own board, then why should I?

You know, people around here bitch about the controlling moderators at SOC and TWOP, but more moderating on SON would be a major plus. The personal attacks get out of control and nothing seems to ever happen except when one of the usual suspects gets majorly out of control and loses their minds. It is ridiculous.

Ann, I agree that the personal attacks have got to stop, but I don't think everyone should be punished for the transgressions of a few. Errol has clearly stated what will happen, and I'm good with that as I happen to love the Status Bar. I don't wish to see anyone go, but if anyone gets tossed, they were warned and it's on them.

I just saw this. I don't get the point of the warning, just get rid of the status updates and do it now. It has been abused for months, full of passive aggressive crap that I don't even get most of of the time. I never bothered to complain because I know that mods can see and if you don't care about the atmosphere and quality of your own board, then why should I?

You know, people around here bitch about the controlling moderators at SOC and TWOP, but more moderating on SON would be a major plus. The personal attacks get out of control and nothing seems to ever happen except when one of the usual suspects gets majorly out of control and loses their minds. It is ridiculous.

Way to go Ann! How long have you been holding that inside?

Way to go Ann! How long have you been holding that inside?

A couple years, but the ridiculousness of status updates finally pushed me over the edge. LOL!

I never understood why SON has ever needed "Status Updates" anyway. Isn't that the purpose that "Random Thoughts" or "Cocktail Lounge" or (whatever thread it's called now) serves?

A couple years, but the ridiculousness of status updates finally pushed me over the edge. LOL!

Well I loved it! (Even though I have to cop to some of that passive-aggressive status behavior.)

I never understood why SON has ever needed "Status Updates" anyway. Isn't that the purpose that "Random Thoughts" or "Cocktail Lounge" or (whatever thread it's called now) serves?

Came with the software :)

But it can be deleted/removed

I never go into any of those threads. I love the status updates for what they are.

I never go into any of those threads. I love the status updates for what they are.

I go in them sometimes but they mostly seem to be for more private thoughts.