MTV: RuPaul's Drag Race

• Members

Jinkx looked amazing last night! Loved when Darienne said DeLa snapped and then he snapped and DeLa mouthed to the audience, "I didn't snap!" Luckily Darienne finally took that plunger out of her ass and kind of apologized for being a heinous bitch. And how awkward was that first meeting between Adore and Laganja? And Adores hair in it? So tragic!

The bitch face Michelle was giving Laganja had me rolling!

tumblr_n5ui2nmXeA1qlvwnco2_500.gif

Overall though I have to admit it was a boring reunited. In fact this season overall hasn't held my attention quite as well as seasons past. Let's hope if we get an All Stars 2 that they drop the teams bullshit that ruined the first one.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Thanks for the reminder! 

This show goes through highs and lows, but I'm actually glad they have the capability to do so, since so many reality/competition shows get progressively more stale and uninteresting. I absolutely loved season 6 with Bianco Del Rio and the rest of the cast had a great chemistry together. Courtney Act makes an amazing woman and I want him to pop up on Bold & Beautiful as a friend of Maya's :) 

I wasn't thrilled with last season's winner but the talent pool that season was kinda shallow to begin with. I was actually pulling for Ginger Minj but figured they wouldn't let yet another quirky one win. 

• 1 year later...
  • Members

So, I'm bumping this thread to ask what the hell is wrong with Ke$ha.  Did somebody mess up and give her drugs?  Because, judging from her behavior and speech on the promo for tonight's episode, that appears to be the case.

• Members

This season is entertaining reality tv but the girls are lackluster. I hate how lazy they are when it comes to the challenges and lipsyncs. They have a huge opportunity and are so ungrateful. I'm sure some of y'all know I'm a drag queen and it is a dream to get on this show! In my town I won a local contest called which got me a spot with the top drag promoter in my city. One of the perks is performing with the girls. From this season I'll say the two HUGE surprises were Farrah Moan and Kimora. Farrah is from my area and has THE WORST reputation. Her hometown (Austin) didn't even want to book her and when they did for a viewing party it was a disaster. With that said, she was an absolute sweetheart when I met her. Not just being polite either. She spoke to me and the girls all night and was very friendly. Same for Kimora. Now the disappojting one? Valentina. She was nice to me but the show has definitely gone to her head. Total diva and very rude to the fans meeting her and people helping. 

• 1 year later...
  • Members

two thoughts:

There is a lot of talk about how bad Snatch Game has been.  However, I think that what we remember are good individual performances, but someone has to be bad at it every season for there to be a show.  I was impressed this year with the makeup that certain queens used to look like their counterpart.  I am equally horrified at how few people remember Joanne Whirley.

I also think that Rupaul's random judgements are part of the parody that Drag Race is trying to be.  It seems like the fanbase gets invested in the competition and forgets that this show started as a camp version of Top Model and Project Runway.  It seems as if some viewers are missing a key part of the humor which is that they are commenting on the state of reality competition.  It is an entertainment show masquerading as a competition but somehow that gets lost in conspiracies about whom is sent home when.

• Members

In all honesty though, this is a bad crop of queens this year. I can only see one as a definite top 3; the rest I don't really have a stake in either way. 

When half the cast don't know anything about Mariah Carey, you know it's a bad year. I loved that Ru had the entire group lip sync for their lives because their performances "honoring" Mariah was atrocious. 

• Members

Yes a little Silky goes a long way.

Vangie should have been in the bottom last week. Her looks are basic and she hasn't stood out in challenges.

However she is entertaining in the commentary and workroom and they need someone with spark as the others are pretty dull.

After Plastique's moment last week she faded away again.

I'm surprised how at this level these queens are not shining.

• Members

I don't know, there are a lot of episodes left in the season and every year you have to separate the wheat from the chaff.

I think Vangie's Snatch Game is a great example.  Ru mentioned that she auditioned with Latoya Jackson.  I'm sure it was very funny on video, but who knew that she wouldn't do it when it came time for the show?

I'm interested in Nina West.  The other queens seem to know her because she has done drag for years.  I appreciated that she changed her padding based on the judges (I wonder how difficult it is to pad differently once the dresses have been fitted?).  However, her paint is so weird, especially when she makes her lips into a scowl.  I get that she is going for camp rather than fish, but that makeup is ragged.  It makes me wish for earlier seasons when Anastasia of Beverly Hills came in to teach them how to do eyebrows or Charo taught them how to walk. 

Since season 7 everyone is expected to show up fully formed, I like when people like Alyssa come in to give actual advice rather than just using obtuse language like "step your !@#$%^&*] up."  I think Evie and Silky would benefit from learning more about makeup, or at least alternates to the only way that they know how to make themselves up.