MTV: RuPaul's Drag Race

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

*LOVE* this show! Been watching since Season 2 (love me some Jujubee!)

Me and my partner cracked up watching this week's show, because it was so obvious that Ru intentionally chose Coco to be up for elimination against Alyssa just to make one final stand-off between the two battling divas. It was clear by the judges' comments that Detox should've been the other lady up for elimination. I think it was Alyssa's time to go, but I did enjoy her a lot. She makes a beautiful woman; outside of drag, he makes for a lot of drama.

• Members

I saw Alyssa Edwards live a few weeks back and she was a brilliant live performer. Her lipsyncs on the show have been good, but in person she really puts on a hell of a show. Where I live we have a weekly RuPaul show every Thursday with one or two of the girls from the show performing. Stacey Layne Matthews lives in San Antonio so she's included weekly as well. I haven't been going often, but I plan on being there for Jinkx next week and I'm going to try for Alaska later in the month.

As for the actual show, I think overall the talent is very strong this season. Last season you could immediately tell the top 3-4, but this season I do think many of the queens could've been there. Right now I do think Roxxxy is overpraised and I don't get Detox. I also never liked Raven and since they're similar that could be why. Coco is disappointing because I feel she's the total package, but she always ends up screwing up somehow. Overall they're all very strong (including Alyssa) so it's little things I find myself nit-picking, which is a good problem to have.

I wonder how the next All Stars will be as well. I'd like them to do themed seasons. A plus-size season would be a classic.

• Members

I agree about Coco.

I think she has it in her, but she always sabotages herself with self-doubt/oversensitivity.

Oh, I didn't know Stacy Layne (Bryant) Matthews lived in San Antonio. I guess she needed to get the hell outta Back Swamp. LOL.

Edited by Pine Charles

• Members

I do agree that this season has a lot of strong contenders whereas last year they were mostly misfits, even for the drag world!

I like Coco, but something about most of his drag looks make him look like an old woman. Last night, I thought he looked like he could be Jasmine Guy's mother!

I'm not a big fan of Detox overall and ITA that Roxxxy is way overrated. He's had some BAD looks some weeks, and I think his lil breakdown a few weeks back definitely saved his butt from getting the boot at elimination.

For top contenders, I think I'd have to go with the 2 funny girls/non-pageant queens, Alaska and Jinkx Monsoon.

Since day one, Alaska has reminded me of a cross between Mackenzie Phillips (One Day At A Time drug addict) and Johnny Wier (flamboyant iceskater). Whaddya think? :)

• Members

Alaska and Jinkx have the most C.U.N.T, I agree. smile.png

Roxxxy is totally overrated and she thinks way too highly of herself. The judges seem to love her, though. I like Detox OK, but yeah - she's been a bit disappointing.

I think the top 3 will be Roxxxy, Jinkx and Alaska. Coco will be the next to Sashay Away.

Edited by Pine Charles

• Members

I love this show and watch every week with my boyfriend, but man there are some things that are pissing me off.

1. Thank god Alyssa went home this week, as I'm tired of hearing about that stupid pageant [!@#$%^&*] between her and Coco...I actually would've preferred Coco's tired ass went home.

2. I am SO OVER the sob stories every week now..I've been rewatching season 2 lately and it's like a breath of fresh air without the tears every damn week. Roxxy literally saved her ass by crying. I'm ready for that overly confident bitch to go home too.