MTV: RuPaul's Drag Race

• Members

Totally fine with it being contrived. I just thought the finale was a low-energy, repetitive snoozefest, which is a shame because the rest of the season was fun enough due to the high talent level. (The RPDR finales are never good, but this disappointed me because these are the Avengers of Drag Race.) Give us a real showcase for everyone’s talents, not just the vogue queens. And if they are going to do a lip-sync smackdown, at least vary the styles of the songs a bit more. 

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have been a faithful watcher of most of the international editions but had to give up on Down Under Season 2 as the production was atrocious and the queens rough and not entertaining.

France i gave up after about 3 eps and didn't even bother with Canada.

Hopefully UK Season 4 will be an improvement.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

RuPaul's Down Under Season 2 was a little weird to watch because it just seemed like RuPaul and Michelle Visage are getting burnt out with it. Yes, I agree that the production needs improvement. On the other hand, I like the RuPaul's Drag Race UK Season 4, but disappointed that the ones I liked "sashay-ed away" too soon. Yep, I think drag race fatigue is already happening, and World of Wonder brought it on themselves. I'll still watch it as it's silly entertainment, but if people aren't following these queens on social media like they used to back in the day, then that's implicitly saying something. The viewers are getting tired of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Drag Race is moving to MTV from VH1 and is expanding to new versions in Brazil, Germany, and Mexico. They are also doing a Global All-Stars on Paramount+.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/rupauls-drag-race-mtv-global-all-stars-1235457468/

As much I hate the overextended Drag Race universe, I’m looking forward to the Brazilian version:

Edited by Faulkner