Tony Geary, Jane Elliot, Kin Shriner TV Guide Interview

• Members

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you meant that he was still drinking due to his grief over it.

After the way his intervention was treated (ie if he continued to drink he would die) it still seems a mess.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply anything about Geary and Carlivati--I'm sure Geary likes his writing actually. I just found the comment someone (I don't think you) made that Geary would always call bullshit on a writer if he didn't like the material, wrong. I believe you about Culliton (did he speak badly about him during his brief tenure though?) But in this case he seems to be talking about what an improvement RC is, and yet he never complained about Guza till after he left.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Geary was praising Guza for having Luke runover Jake.

TV Guide Magazine: What was your first thought when you found out Luke was the perp?

Geary: [GH head writer] Bob Guza pitched the idea to me because he wanted to make sure I was OK with it, and of course I was all for it. In all my years on GH, I don't think Luke has ever had anything so important happen in his life. He has survived so many things normal men wouldn't — including three heart attacks that would have felled an elephant — and it's always seemed like he's cheating death. Somehow he's got the idea he's immortal but now death has come upon him with a joker up its sleeve, not taking Luke's life but taking the life of a 4-year-old because of Luke's irresponsibility.

Mind you, this was the beginning of the last storyline Guza had written for Luke. So this notion that he's praising Carlivati's writing? Take that for what you will.

[source:] http://www.tvguide.com/News/General-Hospital-Killer-1031091.aspx

Archived