Tony Geary, Jane Elliot, Kin Shriner TV Guide Interview

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I want to marry this

Elliot: It's my belief that The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful are the highest-rated shows because they use the same people decade after decade. That's what this audience wants to see — their old characters in new situations. And that's what our current executive producer and head writer, Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati, are delivering.

• Members

I swear some of us are watching 2 different shows. There has not been one compelling coherent story since the 2 headed clown took over. If the hogwash coming out of Jane's mouth is the truth, shouldn't GH be doing a whole helluva lot better? The show is a disjointed mess!

Should they just recast Steve Hardy, Jesse Brewer, Lila, Edward and the other characters from 50 years ago and have nothing but a slew of senior citizens on walkers and wheelchairs?

Tony Geary and Genie were new at one point.

Brenda, Sonny, Liz, Jax, Carly, etc. Shows evolve and can succeed with new characters if they are carefully woven in and the the stories are good. Cartini has not done that, and you better believe once the LV 3 return (as whomever), the vets will be a thing of the past, as most of them should be!

Jane, I hate to have to say this, but STFU!

• Members

Doesn't explain why Cartini choose to keep him, however!

As for Geary, not sure why he wants to talk sh!t when he was Guza's partner in crime in the mess Luke has become and wasn't he behind that thing called Ethan? New characters are a bad idea unless they meet Tony's approval? Asswhipe!

• Members

Jane was not spot on! She is getting airtime so now it looks as if she will say anything to make the 2 headed hack happy (NLG anyone?). Tracy is pure foolishness right now and nothing near the ass kicking business woman she should be. Ron is not perfect nor is he any good! He's a hack of the highest order, but I'll pass on the Ron vs Rob fight. I don't need Guza to prove Ron should not be writing a grocery list let alone a soap opera!

• Members

Considering that JE has had more to do under Cartini than she's had to do under that rancid regime, I don't blame her one iota for talking them up. She doesn't seem to be the kind to kiss ass and talk sh!t after a team's departure, so I think that she fully believes in what she's saying here.

Archived