GH 50: Discussion for the Month of April - May 3, 2013

• Members

I think the use of took of advantage of, isa pedophile, used him, preyed on him are alluding to it. Then again maybe it just made me think about his rape.

Thanks.

And yeah. Guza already turned that rape into something light and fun with hookers. I can't even imagine what FRON would do with it. Tho this was a perfect time to make light of it in this story so I guess I should be thankful it wasnt brought up at all.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't care that it was said to Carly at all. She's my fav, but I'm not blind to her faults at all, hell, her faults are why I like her. I just didn't find that line funny. There are many ways to get at one another, but that was not one of them IMHO. It's simply a matter of taste/opinion and nothing more.

• Members

In Cartiniland, rape is only to be guffawed at or be turned on by. So Michael doesn't fit into that. I think we may get a mention, briefly, to remind us that Brenda is a bad person, but otherwise I don't think it will happen (I could see them using this to demonize AJ if they eventually want to Ross/Eli/Ewen him - perhaps he eventually finds out and tells Michael that means he's not a man).

I saw a comment that Sonny talking about wanting to kill Brenda was so refreshingly honest, unlike Guza, and I shook my head, because the scene was played as semi-comedy, and also as perfectly understandable. No one on the show seriously questioned that Sonny nearly had Brenda killed execution style, or whatever, because she had sex with his son. This wasn't a heart of darkness moment. This was seen as no big deal. I think if every episode involved dog [!@#$%^&*] being thrown against the wall (which might be an improvement over some of these stories), some people would say, "Smells better than Guza."

• Members

Oh, dear. Can we please not turn this into the Prospect Park vs ABC thread and have the merry go round again?

ChitHappens found the line offensive to her senses.

Others didn't find it offensive to theirs.

Different strokes for different folks. Chastising her is not going to make her like the STD line any more than she did at first.

• Members

I'm not offended by any answer - just a little annoyed that I have to explain why I didn't like something.

I simply did not care for AJ's use of an STD to someone that never transmitted one to him or anyone else (to his knowledge). There are certain things I wish writers or FRon's crew should leave alone. That is one of them. I cringed when AJ said that, and normally, I love their scenes.

• Members

Carly calling Brenda pedophile reminds me of all the attacks against Patrick for sniffing around Sabrina. RC should just hook up immature twits, Michael and Sabrina already, and spare us making light of the term pedophile already.

I've never been a Brenda fan and hate LW's entitled version of Carly, yet I've been wincing at the writing for them during this story. AJ treats Carly like a $10 prostitute and Jax leaves her feeling unworthy of saving. Sonny sighs as if Brenda's love is a cross he must bear and rolls his eyes at Carly's pathetic self. AJ is cheering his son on for hitting that hot piece of azz Brenda. Both women been degraded here while Michael looks super saintly, AJ smirks in the most disgusting fashion, and Sonny & Jax are treated as honest men so put upon by these two worthless women.

Archived