GH 50: Discussion for the Month of April - May 3, 2013

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So far (dislclaimer - after 4 weeks), I think Kate Hall is the best scriptwriter, and Katherine Schock is also quite good, while Elizabeth Page and Scott Sickles are uneven.

Great point, Cheap21, that Bobbie should have mentioned her granddaughter and they could have said she'd already said goodbye in person.

• Members

Kate Hall often did the best script work on AMC. I haven't paid as much attention to script writers at GH than I did at AMC (and OLTL) so can't really speak about her work there, but your ranking of her wouldn't surprise me. Elizabeth Page briefly co-HW with Nixon AMC in 1999 when she returned to clean up McTavish's 1998 mess--but I believe pretty quickly she was replaced (disastrously) with Jean Passanante... Who is on GH's writing team too, of course.

• Members

Kate Hall was one of All My Children's better scriptwriters. She's the daughter of Courtney Simon, a legendary soap scriptwriter in her own right and one of the team leaders during the 2007 writer's strike.

However, and this is no shade to Kate Hall, being the best on THIS team after THE BEST have left is nothing to brag about. Replacing the likes of Michele Val Jean, Mary Sue Price and even Karen Harris... with the likes of a Katherine Shock, Suzanne Flynn and Scott Sickles is just embarrassing.

Archived