DAYS: April Discussion Thread

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh my god, Dannifer are on EVERY DAY. I can't take it. How many episodes can we have of Jennifer sitting around crying like she's a teenager? Everyone in the hospital standing around watching them was so ridiculous.

The Chad/Abby/Cameron stuff was kind of fun today.

• Members

Finally getting caught back up, and I must say it's about damn time that Abby get involved with the Nick/Will story. Nick, Will, and Sonny are all her cousins and she's had like zero involvement.

How sad to have Jennifer shaming Jack's memory like this.

• Members

Maggie was acting beyond ridiculous today. I can't believe how much I really can't stand her anymore. I was loving her when she was finally given something to do again and now ... I wish she'd take a flying leap!

Yeah, it was nice seeing Abby finally interact with her cousins (I feel like the last time was at the non-wedding, honestly). I feel like they forget Sonny is also her cousin, but it would make sense she's closer to Will, they sort of 'grew up together' (though not really) for the most part, aside from some brief periods where they weren't in town at the same time.

• Members

I am about 6 weeks behind and I am finally catching up. I am on the episode where Sonny and Nick get into a fight. I am LMAO over the way Nick called Sonny a faggot and Sonny just nailed Nick and Nick looked more gay fighting Sonny off...LMAO.....

• Members

Thursday was one day that knowing spoilers helped, because it helped prepare me. If I just saw Daniel kissing Chloe without any warning, I would be throwing things at the screen. It doesn't match with anything Daniel has been saying for the last three months.

I don't blame Jennifer for much in this. Chloe forced Jennifer to do what she did if Daniel was to continue to see Parker. I think Jennifer feels bad not only for hurting Daniel, but also for using Jack's memory. But Jennifer shouldn't feel bad. It's Chloe's fault. I do still think Jennifer should have just called Chloe's bluff and told Daniel the truth though. I continue to think Melissa Reeves is giving a great performance.

I liked Maggie fine. I thought it would make sense that she would be protective of her son, even if she only found out about him a couple years ago. I also thought she was still somewhat gentle with Jennifer, while being reproachful.

I liked Sami and Lucas Thursday, as well as Sami explaining to EJ later.

Cameron's stripper twist ... I'll wait till tomorrow to pass judgment. I liked Chad and Abigail's interaction, including his reaction to her being a virgin. It was a nice bit of fun in the episode.

Going back to Wednesday, I think the show may end up having Will tell Stefano about Rafe and Kate in order to guarantee Stefano's cooperation with helping Will. Will would be making the hard choice of choosing his daughter over his grandmother ... Actually as I think about it more, I don't see Will doing that. But I think Sami might somehow find out about Rafe and Kate by some slip of Will's, and then Sami would tell Stefano.

So, Vargas's plan involves making a bunch of cash with "seed money" ... I wonder what it is.

KMan101, I also feel like the show was firing on all cylinders until just recently but then lately became more boring ... I think maybe because it started becoming less about genuine dilemmas and layered motivations in the baby story, and more about one-dimensional threats like Vargas, a homophobic Nick, returned villainous Stefano, blackmailer Sy, and an unhinged Chloe. I'm still not a big fan of the "Hortons divided" full-on custody story idea, with people taking sides, but I think it would have worked better than what we're seeing now.

I have hope this will all end up just a blip though ... The same people are still writing. They caught magic and dug deep into character before, and they will again.

• Members
I wont say Chloe forced her to do anything bc Jen didnt have to do anything she said. Jennifer should have told Daniel what Chloe was planning and then "staged" a breakup with him. Once Parker came back to town, then have Daniel take the proper steps to secure custody and put a stop to Chloe's threats. Jennifer was an idiot and that public display was unprofessional and very immature of her

• Members

My BIGGEST issue with it is that of all his love interests (and there have been several in the past 3 years), the ONLY one he truly sparked with was Chloe and the one he has the least chemistry with is Jennifer. This storyline is completely backwards because no matter what she does, I'm gonna root for Chloe because:

1. I liked Chloe with Daniel.

2. I hate Daniel with Jennifer. '

and

3. I hate Dannifer SO MUCH that I actually take pleasure in watching a character torture them (first Nicole, now Chloe) to the point that I consider it a funny and pleasurable episode anytime Jenn cries.

So yeah, I doubt that's what they're going for and I'm glad they're playing Brady/Kristen/John/Marlena as often as they are because that's the meat and potatoes.

Archived