DAYS: April Discussion Thread

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Instead of a New Year's Resolution.. I am starting a personal New Month Resolution. Starting in April I am no longer watching any scenes with Shawn Christian in them. I can't take the character anymore.. and I can't take the stupidity he brings upon other characters that I care about. I'm boycotting Daniel. I don't care who his scene partner is or what his storyline is.. I'm quite sure my DAYS viewing experience is going to be better if I skip all Daniel scenes.

• Members

I did love hearing Jennifer yell at Daniel, "You aren't Jack! And you never will be!"... even if it was supposed to be a lie. (I don't really hate Daniel anymore, and I think the characters are okay together, but I can't handle how they literally have a "heartbreaking" break-up every single week.)

• Members

Haha, Kate READ Chloe.

Ugh! I cant believe it took Dan and Jen TWO whole episodes to break up

Why is Kristen wasting her time with this lackey and letting him blackmail her? She should just have him "disappear". Has Stefano taught her nothing?

• Members

This week has been better ... I like the continued prominence of Rafe and Kate. They are the couple of the show for me right now, the ones who can figure out the mysteries (not only with Nick, but also Kate being on to Chloe) and come up with the solutions, with great chemistry and rooting value. I like that Kate both showed concern for Nick when Rafe was grilling him one day, and then herself grilled Nick the next day. I like Nick showing vulnerability and also feeling bad about what he said to Sonny. I like Vargas genuinely connecting with Nicole. I like Abigail interacting in Will, Sonny, and Nick's story again. I like seeing Chad, and him and Abigail working together to find out Cameron's secret out of concern for him. Nice touch to have Chad say that Theo thought he and Cameron were his favorite uncles.

I am starting to think Chandler Massey isn't doing that great in his acting. Will lately is kind of just making faces and having weird pauses in his lines. If it's supposed to show Will is nervous, it's not coming across naturally. He's probably been busy with all the work and is kind of doing the minimum. He hasn't been wowing me like he did at times in the past. I still like him but I don't think this is anywhere close to enough for another Emmy

Even the Jennifer/Daniel/Chloe stuff has been better ... Great acting by Melissa Reeves. I think part of Jennifer does feel what she said about Jack, otherwise she couldn't have pulled it off. We saw that she really was looking at those pictures of the Hortons and of her and Jack. But yes, Jennifer does love Daniel and she wouldn't have said what she did without Chloe's guilt tripping her. I think Jennifer got through to Chloe a little bit when she said that Chloe knows what Chloe is doing is selfish and horrible, and Chloe can keep telling herself all she wants that it's for Parker but it's not.

I saw in SOD that Carolyn Hinsey hates the Anne character and thinks she is too over the top. Too bad she doesn't get the appeal of the character pointing out the hypocrises of Salem. I thought Anne bringing wine over to Chloe's with Daniel gone, and then her not wanting Chloe to move to Brazil, fits the "queer reading."

What is this Sy guy needing more than $5000 for? I like that Kristen was able to outsmart him in this first round. Also, I think it's funny that Marlena thought he was a creepy stalking would-be patient.

Good to see Sami turned John down in terms of spying. Glad Brady and Sami talked about the love they have for their respective DiMeras.

• Members

He would have to. Most of the time Will is such ... so hard to root for. I also somewhat blame the acting choices he makes. He's better than what he's giving. Freddie Smith however is really coming into his own on the show now that Sonny is finally being given more to do.

I'm still not quite sure what to make of Rafe and Kate. I like it but I'm not gushing over it.

Daniel and Jennifer are on way too much and it's like the show revolves around them, even though they're pretty much in their own bubble most of the time. I just cannot believe the writing for Jennifer. Having her say all of those things she SHOULD have said months and months ago but actually meaning them. It's all falling so flat and is doing a lot of damage to her character. All to prop up Daniel.

I really need this Kristen/John/Marlena/Brady story to heat up soon because it's becoming tedious, boring, and lacking any real effort. We need more family scenes, more interaction. It's snoozeville right now. Even Stefano has become boring. Sigh.

And speaking of BORING ... Abby/Chad/Cameron. There could be a lot more here and it's all so boring. Kate Mansi is wasted and I've always thought Casey had a lot of potential. Maybe because I love his interviews and he seems like someone I'd get along with that makes me want to see more of Chad. Heaven knows the character hasn't been made to be interesting in quite a while now. Cameron's growing on me, as is the actor but damn ... zzzz LOL

Nick's story is the only thing interesting to me right now. I like Vargas but I feel like the love for him elsewhere is a bit overblown. He's not the greatest actor. I think there's a lot of potential there though but he's not that spectacular. And I'm all for a slow-build romance, but Eric and Nicole needs to move along now. I guess Vargas is going to help in that but still ...

Things need to pick up and soon. This show would be dreadful under crappy scriptwriters. Thankfully we have some pretty good scriptwriters who make each show somewhat entertaining and flow well. I feel very little energy when watching DAYS. It used to have fire and spark and yeah, it happens every once in a while, but it's hardly gripping drama. They have got to stop playing it safe, even the stories that should be damn, did that just happen or I can't believe they showed that are just ... sigh. I love this show and it has such potential. What happened to this show? It was firing on all cylinders not that long ago.

Archived