Y&R's Debut Episode from 3/26 1973

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Have seen this before, but like so many, not in this quality.

I hooked my laptop up to my tv and watched this on a big widescreen and it looked great. The lighting in the Brooks home is fantastic. You have a lot of bright colours with a lot of darker lighting and shadow detail. I like that Janice Lynde didn't really wear make-up (no more than needed for being on camera) definitely the right choice for her character. Don't think anyone would really do that now even though most women I know don't really wear make-up day to day or very little anyway.

I Like the relationship between Leslie and Chris already. Bell was able to do so much in just a few minutes, and Janice and Trish had a very easy rapport.

I really want to continue watching now.

Why can't they stream them online. Even if they have to replace music. I am surprised this episode was completely intact though, I figured at the very least The Look of Love might have been subject to music rights issues.

Barring streaming every episode, I would love to see an illustrated detailed synopsis. With clips demonstrating story lines from each year while someone narrates. I wonder if that would be too difficult in terms of rights clearances.

• Members

It was really compelling stuff. Especially the "no strings" relationship between Snapper and Sally and their subsequent discussion of it - even today, soaps have kind of regressed backwards from that kind of stuff and candid discussion of it. I hope the online revivals explore that kind of honesty again.

Wish I could see more.

• Members

Yes, that's too tough... as far as licensing, no actors have to sign off if episodes are in their entirety. If you edit storylines together, it's a "new" show from a legal standpoint. And they wouldn't have problem with licensing on most of these eppies, Y&R actually commissioned their own score (for the most part)which means the show retains the rights to the background music.

• Members

Well I guess the best option is too release all episodes. It actually would have been great to have the first 40 episodes released on DVD for the 40th anniversary, or streaming online. Then if that was successful they could keep going.

Would Sony actually listen to fans if we bombarded them with requests through different social media? I wonder if they think there is a market, I wonder if there actually is a market. It is easy to think these things would be successful when you are on a soap board.

Sony should test the waters with online streaming at least. Even if it is by some sort of paid subscription.

• Members

If Y&R didn't f uck its younger cast in the past 5 years, they should could have brought back the Brooks and Fosters in real time with a new generation that was born off camera in addition to Chuckie, Jennifer and Brooks.

• Members

Vee is talking about the part where Sally is standing at the mirror, and he comes up from behind her and talks about the possibility of him being late for lunch, and her being late for work and kisses her on the neck. Then she says "No, because that's what strings are made of".

Archived