Martha Byrne's Gotham is BACK (now on TV)

• Members

I think DramatistDreamer has a good point about connections. Martha seems to be relatively well-connected. I was a little harsh yesterday but I did want to point out that I'm happy she's pushing for this, and also happy that Lisa Brown is so involved. Now I just wish someone would give Lisa a makeover and get her back in front of a camera.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In the age of digital over-the-air channels, with the new obscure national networks, I guess this isn't as shocking. Also though, I think AMC/OLTL will get more viewership being Web-only than Gotham will despite having a "TV deal." I was only able to get through one episode of Gotham on the Web. Production values weren't a big deal for me. Instead, the characters just seemed too upper-class and rich for me. I doubt I'll be watching.

Still this is good news for Martha Byrne and good news for soaps! 2013 continues to be the year of soap revival.

• Members

Yeah, I see this being the case as well.

And AMC/OLTL with their relatively diverse casts...if PP can get these shows on some international platforms...provided the stories are compelling, there is potential for viewing in other countries.

EricMontreal22 mentioned Gotham starting 'again from scratch'. I think this could probably be accomplished, given the amount of time the show has been away. It wouldn't be a bad thing to broaden and diversify Gotham so it actually resembles what Gotham looks like in this day an age. And adding some former ATWT alums (the ones we want, of course-LOL) couldn't hurt.

Speaking of ATWT alums,

Does anyone know why the Steamboat clips got pulled from You Tube? There doesn't seem to be a presence for this series anywhere on the Web? Just curious.

• Members

I will give Gotham another shot, especially if more ATWT stars will be included. I also hope Michael O'Leary Harbors gets off the ground as well..just to see former GL stars together again. GL was my favorite soap, with ATWT coming in second..so I will attempt to support the actors I've come to love.

• Members

I thought that the web show had a lot of potential.. but with the limited budget/episode length, I just viewed it as just a promotional backstory for the real show.

Hopefully, she'll expand the canvas a bit and also diversify the show (i.e. include asians, blacks, hispanics, etc.. even some gay 3 d characters since the fashion world does have a large gay population working within it).

• Members

That's cool. I'm thinking Van Hansis and Jon Hensley are likely given her connections to them. Also Michael Park would probably be back since he was in the Web series.

Still probably not enough for me to watch though (at least, not without Anna Stuart) ... I strongly agree with the need for more diversity.

Archived