Days: Kristian Alfonso interview with TV Guide

• Members

April 14th will mark Kristian's 30th year on the show

How did 3 decades pass?

it's shocking, she moved from Massachusetts to LA to do Days, she was a baby. She can't wrap her head around the time warp. She said if the 30 years have gone by in a blink, then it's cause she's having a great time

What's your most magical memory?

It happened before she got to Days, she arrived at Grand Central Station on her first trip to Manhatten, looked up and saw this huge lit up billboard for that weeks Time Magazine, a cover story for Doug and Julie. She was awestruck, and then she got cast as their daughter. that was crazy

Toughest Storyline?

When she did quadruple duty during the Princess Gina plot. She was playing Hope & Gina, Hope as Gina and Gina as Hope. The continuity was a nightmare. She fell asleep every night with scripts on her chest, but she loved every moment of it

Ever worry about getting the ax, especially since it happened to Deidre Hall?

Of course, cause you hear so many rumors in the NBC hallways. When you take things for granted, you settle, and she doesn't ever want to be that person. There's always someone younger, prettier and taller who could probably do the job better. That's why, 30 years later, she comes to work ready to earn every cent.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish this was a video interview because Kristian is fun to watch during those interviews, I love her style.

I can't believe its already been 30 years for her it seemed like it was just yesterday when I first saw her in Salem. She was so awesome that first year in 1983 with Bo.

• Members

I'm more of a Nightime Hope fan myself. And I love, love, LOVVVED her scenes with both Julie Pinson and Crystal Chappell. IMO, she was at her best when acting opposite Chappell. THAT is when she was really bringing her A-Game imo.

Archived