ALL: How would you give a cancelled soap the PP treatment?

• Members

I feel like Michelle was completely lost over the years - JL was decent but generally I stopped caring about her when Rachel Miner was fired. I guess it would depend on the recast, and also the way to write out Danny (I think that was a dead end relationship).

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would just get Rachel Miner back, or the closest thing to her. With a Prospect Park schedule she couldn't be that busy.

Danny would have been killed due to Santos crime family blowback, which would have shattered Michelle and her children and brought them home amidst the scandal and trauma.

• Members

I'd be happy to see her again, although they might just go for some type of sex bomb casting.

If they wrote MIchelle as being a little caustic and sarcastic, like Holly, I think Miner would be perfect. When I see her now she is a very different actress, but there's still a little of the vulnerability left.

• Members

She's like a live nerve in the horror film I had to watch not long ago, In Their Skin. She plays a very subservient wife to a madman, someone who's utterly socially awkward, unable to adequately feign the routines of human conversation. She was very good and downright uncomfortable to watch - there wasn't any hard shell. I think she could do just about anything needed.

Trailer here (with its original title):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNXyYz6g8Kk

• Members

I haven't seen that movie, I'll have to check it out. I hadn't seen most of her movie work and then when I started watching Supernatural again she popped up (she's actually back again for the next episode), as, essentially, a demon/bitch/lost little girl, jockeying for power, tough but vulnerable behind a sea of quips delivered in Mae West style. A mix of child and woman is probably how I would always see Michelle, because of her upbringing. I'd like to see that revived.

I also think someone like Kelly Nelson might not be a bad idea for someone to bring back with a family, although JWS annoyed me on OLTL.

• Members

I once thought about doing a short-term story with Kelly and Morgan returning to Springfield for a school reunion or something and then getting back together themselves, and maybe a kid one of them had - a little subplot for, say, a SOAPNet miniseries version of the show, but for an actual reboot I think they're just too obscure. Maybe someday.

• Members

I'd wondered if JWS might be one of those people who would be cheap and also get a little publicity, just for the Flash and Dawson's Creek days, and Kelly's also a blank slate, but you're probably right.

I think you could bring back the Grant family too. Maybe give David and Vicky Spaulding a child and finally use the "black Spauldings" in a proper Spaulding story.

• Members

The Black Spaulding idea is a great one. I wonder if Prospect would consider doing a black soap, either daytime or primetime format and pitching it to BET or TV One. I wonder if they plan on stopping with AMC and OLTL, or if successful, if they'd consider launching something else down the line.

• Members

They should. I know someone will say reality shows already fill that role but nothing can soap the way a soap can when its at its best.

I'd even say revive Another Life, although I know that's not happening.

• Members

She Who Shall Not Be Named, huh? Someone call J.J. Abrams because I am LOST!tongue.png

On shows that I think should get the PP treatment: As The World Turns and Capitol.

With the mess going on in not just the goverment, (Congress gets a special mention in this regard) but in the world...Capitol is a no brainer. And the fact that many of the characters were shot by firing squad in the last episode, there would be few roadblocks in creating new characters.

As The World Turns. The wheels are still turning on this. Someone mentioned in another thread that they hated the last 10-15 years of the show. Since I also hated them, I'd just write as if some of that had never happened, although I'd keep/resurrect a few characters that were part of that period. I have a premise in my head for some opening scenes but if those scenes becomes more clear , I might just post in the future.wink.png

Archived