ALL: How would you give a cancelled soap the PP treatment?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree and understand the reason for downsizing, and I do think that it is smart. I (personally) like a wide range of characters and wouldn't be against a slightly large cast. Its the writer in me that wants to be fulfilled and 35-40 characters would do that for me. I think if the right writer, with the right vision is able to handle 35-40 characters while keeping the show centered with its roots, then go for it. But again, if they were to bring back GL & ATWT with 20 characters, I'd be all for it.

And I agree about your idea for Secret Storm. They could do it with a modern clan of the Ames, but my only worry is the very little history of the old show that's accessible, and how that would affect a modern interpretation. That's why I suggested that if a modern revival is done, the name of the show could be the same, the central theme of the show could be the same, but new characters/families could be used instead.

• Members

Sorry but who wants to watch a show with characters this old? Lifelong ATWT fan but this is why soaps died to begin with. If ATWT returns, yes they need to embrace history, but the day to day would need to be daring and raunchy to attract younger viewers.

• Members

Disagree. In her interviews she expresses a clear love for the genre and states exactly what I feel -- that the genre has just never moved on from outdated plots from the 60s. Now she brings too much personal baggage to ever be employable, but I implore you to read her interviews/ideas. They truly do not suck.

One idea was a boob job storyline. Why the hell not? Even Seinfeld in the 90s did a nose job episode. Characters debating and gossiping about the merits of a boob job would be wonderful.

• Members

I've read them all. No thanks.

I also read her tweet-a-thon about a masked "Catwoman" prowling Salem in a latex catsuit, among other things. The few kernels of interesting ideas are suffocated under layers upon layers of demented camp. And clearly she cannot deliver.

Archived