DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Members

LOL.

I loved Nick wondering if EJ was going to hire a hit man. Dude. Sami, Will, EJ and Lucas have all tried to kill people and EJ has succeeded. Sleep with one eye open, Fallon.

This show is AMAZING. I look forward to watching this daily more than I do my primetime dramas right now, because everything is firing (don't like Dan/Jen, but the writing is so good that I can now stomach 60% of it) and this is the Days I fell in love with. Using younger characters, respecting history, crackling dialogue and a VILLAIN. People wonder why Days' ratings are up? It's Nick. People came to Days for the DiMeras, for Victor, for Vivian, for Kristen and their favorite characters struggling to best them. I've been saying for ages this show needs a real villain again and we finally have one and Nick is the best damn villain I've seen on this show in years. (Vivian's return up until her escaping from the sarcophagus was well done too, but it got goofy)

I also love how the Kristen storyline is taking different turns. She's a complicated villainess now and they're keeping us in a holding pattern until she finally lets those fangs out. I think with Stefano returning, we'll finally be getting back to the Days I started with -- families interacting with one another and overcoming the odds. Back in the 90s we had Stefano, Victor, Kate, Kristen, Sami, Peter, Franco, etc. all up to no good. I think we're inching back there again.

Another thing the show is doing well for me now is romances. I'm buying all the romances on the show now actually, even liking the slow burn of Abby/Cameron. I thiiiiink if Daniel were any other character I'd like his pairing with Jen too, but he's not, so whatever.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Watched Thursday and Friday's episodes back to back! Glad it seems others are liking the show as much I am. Will Will sign the papers? How will Gabi and Rafe react when they find out Nick has tried to do this? It was good writing to keep them oblivious to all this, as they would never stand for it. I can see Nick working his magic on Gabi to get her to agree that it was about making it "her choice" "after things have settled down" like he was saying in her hospital room, if it was already a done deal -- but if Gabi were in the room she wouldn't have been able to do that to Will.

I think the baby story is definitely working, but I wouldn't say Nick is a villain. What makes him so compelling to me is that yes he's masterfully doing all these things we don't want him to do, like try to keep Will out of his daughter's life, but at the same time he actually has really great points about the dysfunction of Will's family. Nick doesn't intend harm to anyone. That's how I would define a villain -- someone intending harm. A villain wouldn't even have apologized to Sami after the slap for using that word to describe her. A villain wouldn't have offered to take over at the pub so Victor and Caroline could talk on Valentine's Day.

Agree about liking the slow but steady buildup for Cameron and Abigail. Do doctors usually change in supply closets though? LOL.

Jennifer proposed a break to Daniel but Daniel hasn't responded yet. I think it was good that Abigail felt bad about resorting to violence, and the show brought the police in to show the seriousness of violence, though yes Chloe did use cruel tactics. I also think part of Abigail and Jennifer may agree that they are moving on too soon from Jack; Chloe may have gotten to them a little bit though they won't admit it.

Abe has now been on four days in a row, though still not doing much.

So Eric is going to be involved in ministry with the guy who tried to terrorize Nick in prison .. Way to tie stories together! Love it. I wonder what Nicole is going to do next about her feelings. She seems to have a plan for how to get rid of them. I liked her talk with Sister Margaret leading her to the conclusion that Eric wouldn't have judged her, but he is also so devoted to the church now that he wouldn't even see those feelings.

Funny how Hope left for work after she said she would stay with Gabi until Nick returned. Glad we saw Eric visiting Gabi, although it was shot without Gabi there.

I wonder why Will lied to his dad that he didn't tell Sonny about shooting EJ and Sonny just found out when Nick came by -- unless the secret Will told Sonny during the scene we didn't see really was something else. The show may still be trying to keep us guessing.

EJ didn't leave the room with the custody papers; he left the room before that. But I do think his leaving the room to make a call or something must have been important in some way. I think Sami gave up a little too easily on trying to get EJ to admit what Gabi did and to use that as leverage. Sami doesn't care much about Chad, he would just be collateral damage. She could also say that they would get Chad the best lawyer they could, and he wouldn't necessarily go to jail. I agree with whoever said Sonny could try to bluff with Nick too. Poor Gabi though, if her fate is used like that ... I don't think Will would agree to it.

I like that Will feels this all started from Sami pushing for the paternity test, because while Nick has always had full custody in the back of his mind, his mind wasn't made up until indeed that paternity test stuff and Gabi's medical scare pushed him to it. Will still sees Nick's side in all of this, as he told his dad, and that's what makes Will such a rootable character who you know really wants the best for his family and for his daughter. It's also what gives us some dramatic tension to Friday's cliffhanger, even if it's unlikely Will will sign the papers ...

• Members

Can you say more about Alex Marshall? His wikipedia entry is really short. I did see he was a conman and he went to jail.

That reminds me, it was a nice touch to show Hope cottoning on to how Nick had been having nightmares about prison. I see more now why she is so invested in him, beyond just him being family. I didn't know Hope had been "inside" before in prison too.

• Members

I also have to say I am quite surprised they went there with Kristen talking about what happened to her on the island, sounded like she was pretty much a sex slave. I figured she just got out of there pretty quickly. Though it makes sense she was stuck there for a while since Stefano thought her plan had worked. I almost thought she was lying until the scene of her in bed admitting she used the truth to hook Brady back in.

Also confused about her relationship with Stefano. While he was ready to disown her and they had a huge fight before she "died" he was upset when he thought she had died, and glad when he thought her plan to take EJ and leave town had worked. The way Kristen tells it, sounds like he knew she had been locked up on the island some time before he came to get her.

• Members

I defiantly see nick as a villain. He isn't this one note cartoon character villain, but he defiantly intends to hurt others to get what he wants. His reasoning may be good, he may have good intentions - but they are also very selfish intentions. Much like Sami was in the 90s. With Kristen on the island and that sory beat I was surprised. I always assumed Stefano went and it her right away. I do like Abby/Cameron and the slow burn, but it's at the point where they need to actually move it along somewhat. What's the story there? Nicole & Eric have been fantastic. He has made her a viable character again. I don't mind Daniel/Jen in general but this Chloe story is by far the low point of the story. All three could leave and the show would be better.

• Members

Who does Nick want to hurt? He thinks he is doing what is best for the baby. Will, he thinks would not be a good dad, but he doesn't want Will in prison. Even Sami, he realizes he should not have called the b-word.

• Members
Im pretty sure Kristen kicked up the sympathetic factor in order to manipulate Brady into forgiving her and doing what she wanted. She very well may have been overexagerating how Stefano reacted towards her back then and that would be consistent with her lying. I wouldn't take anything she says as 100% fact especially when it comes to Brady. She has an agendaWill for one. Maybe not directly but he's had a grudge against him for being gay for quite some time and taking this baby away from him is a way to hurt him

• Members

He's doing what he thinks is best for the baby, to be part of a stable family with him and Gabi. It's not meant to hurt Will. When one person sues another person for custody, does that make them a villain? It's true that Nick is homophobic, but he doesn't hate Will.

• Members

I'll come back to this after the week's episodes are over and comment on it. Spoilers and promos are often a bit misleading and simplified. Thanks for sharing that information, though! And thanks, KMan101, for the soapcentral profile link about Alex Marshall.

• Members

THIS was a hilarious scene though, because it took place during the cameo business. Before she officially joined the squad again, Taylor was running around trying to prove Rafe had killed her mother and she confronted Hope on the pier. Hope shouted "I'VE BEEN DEPUTIZED!" and tried to stop Taylor.

Archived