Characters that made you stop watching

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At this point I simply just cannot tolerate LH in any role. She pulls out the big tears for every role. Could stand Theresa on Passions, hated the tamer version of that bitch on DAYS, and Cara and her eyeliner on AMC was one of the many reasons I tuned out in those few months remaining before the finale.

• Members

The only time I stopped watching a show on account of a character was when Robin Strasser left OLTL the second time. No one has had the power to drive me away from a show, but scenes involving Roseanne, Rex, Gigi, and Ford were welcome pee breaks.

• Members

I've never really stopped watching a show because of any particular character, it's been story stuff, and I can't say I've ever STOPPED watching Days, but there were some rough periods where I check out to watching it once a week, or once every two weeks (that incredibly horrible Higley period comes to mind). But I did stop watching and only read the recaps when Santo/Colleen were introduced. Somehow, I didn't find it riveting TV watching vets sit around the Brady Pub reading letters aloud to one another.

I stopped OLTL around the time of the Santis for a myriad of reasons, them being one of it. I came back periodically in bursts.

• Members

DAYS - E.J. DiMera - I haven't been a regular viewer of the show since E.J. was made a viable love interest for Sami after he raped her.

OLTL - Todd Manning / Victor Lord, Jr. - When he didn't die after Marty encouraged him to jump to his death I couldn't stand watching him being "redeemed."

GH - Faith Rosecoe - Once she was gone I never cared to watch again.

Y&R - Kevin / The Chipmunk - Sorry, but no.

The only time I watch any US soap now is watching clips on YouTube I deem interesting.

Archived