GH: Actor leaving

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now this is a departure that I'm honestly not happy about - most of all because Hot Johnny is one of the few good looking men on this show. Dude has charm and sex appeal for days, yet he is backburnered while Jar Jar Binks thrives? That's another bad move that Frank made. My only hope is that:

1. Hot Johnny gets a happy ending of a send-off, as he's long overdue for something to look forward to (and no, I don't mean those dreadful rumors involving Krustina).

2. BA doesn't renew when his contract is up in a few months so that Jar Jar Binks can finally get hit by a bus like I've been wishing for half a decade.

And I'm sorry, but I disagree with the notion that Hot Johnny had no place in PC post-Claudia/Trevor/Anthony. Both Ron and Showkiller Guza had plenty opportunity to reposition him as a latter-day version of 90s-era Sonny, but chose not to (in spite of him being sexy as hell with chemistry with damn near everyone) by consistently putting him on the losing end of a battle while saddling him with chicks that weren't worthy of him (I still weep over the untapped potential of JoMaya).

Simply put, Hot Johnny is the epitome of a character whose great potential was wasted by this show.

• Members

Johnny was sacrificed, over and over, for other characters. Generally this wasn't even worth it, which probably sucks the most, especially the last round of sacrifice. No one cared about Cole and Hope on GH, and no one cared about the rape joke Connie. When you look back it's actually astonishing just how unengaging and offputting the entire story has been.

• Members

But who's putting up with that thing?

Johnny's exit should have been a whopper, but the whole story was given to Todd. Johnny, suddenly develops a conscience and decides to do that right thing, which is perfect so that he can be carted off with no exit. There was no reveal at all, just Johnny throwing in the towel because he was tired of being married to and tortured by Konnie OFF SCREEN! Lest we forget that Johnny was a former mobster (I'll come back to this in a minute) and we've seen him kill with no remorse. How hard would it have been to wack that wacko?

Now, while we are on the topic of lack of continuity and plot pointed chit, a few weeks back Sonny tells Shawn he wants to take Johnny's territory? What [!@#$%^&*] territory? Johnny gave all of that up so that he could be with Carly, remember? We were again reminded of this during the pathogen crisis! And when in the sam hell did Sonny get his money back? Was there even an acknowledgement that it was gone? And what was that about again? Good lord!

BB is so much better off!

• Members

Considering Johnny lasted 3 1/2 years longer than he should have, this was a gift. The unfortunate part is that is was poorly done (no surprise there). This exit should have been a reveal filled with drama. Carly was telling everyone who would listen that Johnny didn't do it, we were "treated" to a fabricated flashback of Johnny crawling out of bed with Carly, his alibi, to go commit murder, yet it all came down to Todd telling jokes in between 2 minutes of being serious.

Archived