If JFP really an EVIL woman? Inquiring minds want to know

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I took that as a side diss of Jamey Giddens.

Probably not intended, but I took it anyway.

As for JFP, I never thought I would say this, as I spent at least a decade all but crusading against her soap work - I don't give a [!@#$%^&*] anymore. If someone thinks she's going to ruin Y&R, you're about ten years too late.

• Webmaster

From the few times I've met her, I actually thought Jill was nice

Sure she could be a tough woman and many dislike what she's done to their shows and/or the jobs, but she has not been in this business for over 25 years for nothing!

• Members

I'm also getting tired of people complaining about "JFP's stories", "JFP's characters", etc. as if JFP were actually writing the show. She's not. Josh Griffith is writing the stories, deciding when to add a new character, etc. (and frankly he's doing a bang-up job). JFP produces, Griffith writes.

• Members

I think she's more talented than a lot of people want to give her credit for.

I hated what she did to General Hospital, but her sin was being unable to control Brian Frons, who pretty much gave Bob Guza free reign to destroy everything that made General Hospital General Hospital. I'm willing to bet anything that Frons had a big hand in the Anna Lee fiasco as well.

Her Guiding Light years (aside from the Mo Bauer error in judgment) were the last years Guiding Light was ever firing on all cylinders.

Sure, there are bad stories going around about Jill and I have no doubt she can be a stone cold bitch when she wants or needs to be, but no one ever talks about the good stories as well.

Anyone have any GOOD stories about Phelps?

I don't think she's evil. I think she's made a good number of bad decisions, but one simply does not stay in the business as long as she has and keep winning Emmys if she's as hated as it seems.

Archived