Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

allmc2008

As of Feb. 13, 2013 has GH improved?

Has GH improved as of FEB. 2013  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Has GH Improved

• Yes
    • No
    • I think they care about GH but No

I think it's different, but hasn't improved. The overall storytelling and plotting still sucks (stories/characters drop out of sight for no reason, things happen offscreen). The characterization still sucks (characters making choices purely to advance plot rather than advance character). The lack of respect for the audience by the show's head writer is still there, just with a different face (Queen Carlivati's Twitter account is all the evidence I need for this claim). The show's identity is all over the place without a solid vision, which isn't surprising when you're trying to merge three thematically different shows into one (80's GH, Campy OLTL, Supernatural PC) without getting the core of the actual show rebuilt and solid first.

I think it's different, but hasn't improved. The overall storytelling and plotting still sucks (stories/characters drop out of sight for no reason, things happen offscreen). The characterization still sucks (characters making choices purely to advance plot rather than advance character). The lack of respect for the audience by the show's head writer is still there, just with a different face (Queen Carlivati's Twitter account is all the evidence I need for this claim). The show's identity is all over the place without a solid vision, which isn't surprising when you're trying to merge three thematically different shows into one (80's GH, Campy OLTL, Supernatural PC) without getting the core of the actual show rebuilt and solid first.

This about covers it!

I think I know what Ron is trying to do (merging elements from old school GH along with the supernatural aspect of PC)... but perhaps he needs a strong co-head writer to help with pacing, etc.