GH: People magazine special for the 50th anniversary

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I randomly found a copy of the GH People at the liquor store here--they have a tiny magazine section but it's all devoted to tribute issues, etc--funny as I had kept my eyes open at every drugstore and grocery store for the past three weeks. When I rung it up the younger than me college jock type cashier asked while looking down "So do you think Brenda is going to get back with Sonny?" and smiled. I think I yammered something about how GH is my least fave ABC soap and I don't even care and why am I buying this anyway and give me my gin as I ran out the store.

It's nice to have--flipping through it, it makes me laugh to see the Duke/Faison story shown as a highlight, but I'll be sure to look through it more in depth after I've had a few G and Ts.

• Members

So the SOD special went on sale last week--have people easily been able to find it? As I said, I found the People one (though it was released much earlier) but no signs ofthe SOD one yet. I wouldn't mind picking it up--

Last year, for me, I found the AMC one pretty easily, but searched EVERYWHERE for OLTL's with zero luck (finally got it online.) I assume the OLTL was harder to find in general, simply because a quick look on Ebay shows a number of people selling the AMC issue at decent prices, and one person selling the OLTL one at something like $80.

• Members

I skimmed through it today while the cashier was busy texting and stuf (LOL) and it really is nicely put together. It is extremely shallow in parts and much too short but considering that it is a magazine and not a book, they actually did feature all 50 years to some extent and the choice of photos is really good. I will buy it on Amazon though as it is much cheaper.

• Members

They had both SOD and People's GH specials at the checkout stands at my grocery store, as well as at the magazine section. I guess Chicagoans love their GH! smile.png

P.S. The SOD special is nicely done as well and only 5.99 (though it accidently rang up as 3.99 for me... score!)

Archived