Not friends of JFP

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's hysterical how so many people take speculation and rumors and make them facts. Most times, there are 2 sides to a story. Admittedly I am a big JFP fan. Met and spoke to her at length 1 time; private messaged her several times on Facebook and I do know 4 people who were office staff at SB and GL while Jill was there and 1 of them who followed her to GH. That's my history with JFP.

Kudos to Beverlee McKinsey! She stood up for what she believed. I've met Beverlee too, briefly when she was on GL. I was scared of her because of a tough reputation but she was a true sweetheart. But I think this so called hatred between the 2 is probably exaggerated. By that time, Bev seemed ready to stop working regularly. She admitted that she took a GH job in '94 for the health insurance and then she never worked regularly again so I think that if JFP was the only problem, Bev could have found somewhere else to work, had she so desired. But she didn't seem to want to work any longer, anywhere. In her infamous TV Guide interview, I didn't take it at all to be personal against Jill. Just to TPTB in general that someone beat them at their own game. Bev wanted to talk to Jill, but she was on vacation. I think that if it were truly personal against Jill, Bev would have just said screw it and not tried to talk to her before her last day. And didn't Bev write Jill a note? I know that if I hated my boss and could leave my job with no repurcussions, I surely wouldn't try to contact them or write them a note. I'd just think screw you,I'm outta here!

Robin Strasser is mentioned here. But no one has mentioned that on Robin's hotline, in her own words a few years ago, Robin admitted that she lied in the press about a situation with Jill. Robin publically apologized to Jill. I somehow don't think that anyone forces Robin to do anything so I do believe Robin when she said that she lied about Jill.

• Members

AT was unhappy with how JFP dealt with other actors, as well as where she was taking the Emily/Zander story and vocalized it fairly loudly to her. She was willing to stay on, but only wanted to sign a one-year deal while JFP wanted a longer commitment. That's how I've always heard it.

• Members

Cureentl its Jennifer Johns who was Y&R's costume designer for decades was FIRED BY JFP for her own FOJ. Jill really is a nasty vicious one at firing. I feel bad for Jackie she was fired by Jill during Christmas on her 30th anniversary and barely seen again. During the Monty/Riche ERA Bobbie was always frontburner and Jackie got amazing stories. Jill has always managed to help her friends but the ones she doesn't like they are out on there asses. JFP really is a witch hey the woman always finds a job and gets work LMAO. Whoever wuld have thought Jill would be crowed the highest paid EP job in the biz at the number 1 soap ousting a Bell. She is a cunning, tough bitch who had made it in the industry.

• Members
No.

If you're going to say JFP has been harmful to Y&R, you're going to have to make better arguments than "she fired the costume designer" or "she ousted a Bell". As Alvin said, Y&R has needed a new costume designer for over a decade, and this particular Bell (by marriage) was the worst thing ever to happen to the show and should never have had the job in the first place.

Aside from the music, I can't fault JFP for any of the changes she's made to the show.

• Members

Yeah for the most part Y&R's wardrobe has actually improved even though they need to stop buying some of that stuff in sample sizes. But wardrobe on Y&R for the past few years has looked downright tacky.

I wish she would fire the hair and makeup people next. They have been hit and miss for awhile now.

Archived