Not friends of JFP

• Members

LOL! Those contracts typically favor the employer who can fire the actor every few weeks without penalty. Beverlee's six month out clause was always an exception not the rule. It was one of her perks. Apparently, Beverlee wrote or rewrote her contract herself. She had been in the business for a long time. I don't think that she even had an agent for many years.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it is also important to note that Bev wasn't being a typical diva, in not liking her storyline. She said she plays whatever they would give her (which isnt exactely true when you compare her Alex to Marj Dusay's Alex...even though Bev alwys had better writing...) she did complain to JFP about Alex being too big of a bitch, which was true, the great Alexandra Spaulding spent all her time obsessing about her son's romantic life...and having the ever annoying Nick Spaulding dis her contantly. However, it was more the hours, and the general work enviornment. Unfortunatley when Bev left and they hired Marj JFP had her chance to turn Alex into a cartoon rich shrew.

I would love to hear JFP's version of this story!

• Members

A little bit of a different case, but Kim Zimmer.

I think they only worked together once, briefly in 1995 when KZ came back as Ghost Reva (or was that Labison?), but JFP was pretty adamant about NOT bringing Reva back to GL when she was there.

Of course, for non-Reva fans, this is actually a point in JFP's favor laugh.png .

• Members

I've read Michael Logan's interview with Beverlee before but reading it again, I can almost hear her purring southern voice. She was so upfront and honest, too, not complaining just explaining her very credible reasons about wanting to leave. I love her even more, if that's possible.

• Members

Few people have the kind of leverage Bev McKinsey had in her day, because she was major soap royalty for Procter & Gamble in the '70s and '80s. I'm not sure even Tony Geary or Roger Howarth at his height had that kind of power over their outs. Roger maybe - Tony always seemed more concerned about just having his vacation time at a set point every year and completely [!@#$%^&*] up all Luke's storylines so he could go back to Amsterdam. I know AW begged her again and again to return not just in the '80s but near the end of the show's run, and she wouldn't do it. There's nobody like that woman.

JFP was right about Reva, IMO. Not much else beyond production values at that time, but Reva, yes. Of course, I softened to Kim Zimmer much later.

• Members

Rogers wasn't fond of much of anyone at GH PTB.

I think it was a little less about leverage as much as it was about JFP possibly not quite being used to hardball (Santa Barbara seemed like a friendly soap - you don't hear too many bad stories about JFP there).

I actually feel like if JFP had given Zimmer a good story (not the ghost), Reva would have been a major asset to GL in 1994. The show was beyond listless. Reva was, for her many flaws, never listless.

• Members

The Francis situation is one where I never know if she is kissing up or if JFP was a scapegoat. I think it might be a little more of the latter.

I spent years believing JFP was the devil, and that never entirely goes away, but a lot of the last decade I end up putting on Frons/Guza/Pratt.

He kind of trashed GH in the press when he left in 1986 or 1987. I think, although I might be totally wrong, that when he came back he praised the show because Monty was gone.

• Members

No, Genie I blame on Jill. I think they're both just being very nice about it. There were too many stories at that time. AFAIC, even with the allowances I sometimes give her, she's still about 80% Devil. Her GH was unwatchable amateur hour when she was alone, but then she became the facilitator for Guza and helped his crew disenfranchise a slew of female actors. She dumped Anna Lee, too. Then, when the strike hit and JFP was left in charge again around 2008 or so, what show did she put on the air? A slightly classed-up version of the same amateur night, third-tier soap [!@#$%^&*] she peddled at GH in 2001 and at AW in the '90s - weird ladies with color/clothes fetishes (Claudia and her red shoes/Angel Sorel and her white then red wardrobe), a random-ass storyline for her pal Rick Hearst with a newbie that came out of fuckin' nowhere that only marginalized Ric's character further. I'm sure if she'd had more time A Martinez would've come on back as Adventure Man Roy.

She might be doing slightly better at Y&R because she's not writing it, but her touches and interests are still clear. I give it a year before Steve Burton's Dylan turns out to be a Newman or Chancellor, tops.

• Members

She drove Amber off, too, yes. And Sarah Brown. A lot of people. Stephen Nichols, etc.

She tried to can Jackie Zeman and send Bobbie to Ferncliff as the psycho wench trying to harm St. Melissa of Another World, but Tony Geary wouldn't have it.

Archived