Not friends of JFP

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nope, there was an interview with Kassie where she teared up because he was never even asked, which she didn't understand, as he had been there and been successful there long before she was even on the show.

JDP himself, however, said in the OLTL tribute magazine that he didn't care quite as much about not being asked back.

• Members

Ah, the late great legendary Beverlee McKinsey who stuck to JFP like no other actor ever did. Good times, good times. It never gets old reminiscing over how JFP got her deserved comeuppance hard and publicly if only once.Too this day, it makes me laugh with glee. The interview that Beverlee did explaining the whole story remains a classic and has been posted at SON several times.

• Members

What happened is that JFP was overworking the cast with long hours No one would complain because they were afraid and had mortgages so Bev spoke up on everyone's behalf at a meeting. She was also unhappy with her storyline. She had warned JFP and threatened to quit, but she ignored her and nothing changed. Finally Bev had enough and decided to quit. She was going on vacation so she looked at her contract which she had written herself, turns out that she had an out every six months, I think. Anyway, she counted the weeks and sent JFP her resignation while she was on vacation and never returned to GL. JFP was apoplectic, but there was nothing she or P&G could do. Bwah.

• Members

I got this from Wikipedia, and it makes me grin from ear to ear lol

After she exited GL, McKinsey cited her "not very pleasant" work environment for one of the reasons she chose to leave GL. Looking at her contract, she discovered she could leave the show after every six-month period. So McKinsey took advantage of the contract the day before her annual eight-week vacation. McKinsey went on permanent vacation. McKinsey adamantly defended her choice to exit the show. Her bosses felt they had been bamboozled. "They're bent out of shape because, for once, somebody beat 'em at their own game," she said. "I had warned Jill (the show's then-executive producer Jill Farren Phelps) – although I don't think she paid attention to me – that I was not happy. I was not happy with the story line." She had confided in Phelps previously that she was frustrated enough to quit, and was told in response that perhaps she should read her contract.

McKinsey later quipped that perhaps it was Phelps and the rest of the GL production team who should have read the contract. "They didn't read the contract! I read it very closely. I knew every word. The next day, they were all combing over the contract. Somebody said, 'Maybe Beverlee's not familiar with the contract.' Well, of course she was! She wrote it, you bozos. She wrote it! I've had this out clause since 1986. I asked for it and it was P&G that determined how much notice they wanted me to give – and they chose eight weeks."

In addition to her issues with storytelling, which she said would not have motivated her to leave if her working environment had been happier, McKinsey noted that acting had simply stopped being fun for her. "The hours just made me crazy. They were too long," she explained.

Archived