Successful Characters with No Family or Ties to Canvas

• Members

A lot of things got shuffled awkwardly for Brenda's return: Skye and Jax moved forward at lightening speed, Carly and Sonny got back together, Jason was made more accessible for Brenda, etc. I don't think Liz was a casualty though. She got screwed over for Courtney. AJ/Courtney were torn apart, as were Liz and Jason for Journey. Had VM not returned more focused likely would have been placed on Zander/Liz/Jason, but, in the end, there was no stopping Frons hard on for Courtney.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, no I know you didn't. I was trying to make the point that if you weren't part of Brenda's return back then you weren't getting airtime and if you were in her sphere, your story changed drastically to set things up perfectly for said return. They built a whole show around an actress with a six month contract. That was stupid and GH suffered for their short-sightedness. They did lose interest in the whole triangle with Liz in part due to Guza fascination with Brazen, but that time period in general a lot of characters were shuffled and storylines were scrapped. I still dont understand the decision to make Courtney a lead character. Liason has to be one of the most drawn out, poorly paced, non-couple GH has ever had. They were teased so many times without any actual resolution. Zander never really found his footing again either. His almost pairing with TB's Carly was decent and they dropped that in favor of S&C reuniting. He was never written as the rootworthy guy in a triangle after. Too bad because I really like CB and Zander.

Archived