Destiny's Child Thread

Cheap21

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My favorite era of DC was the original 4. They were great and The Writing's on the Wall was MY album during the 10th grade. Bills, Bills, Bills was the sh-t and played the hell out of Bug A Boo, Say My Name, If You Leave, and She Can't Love You.

LMFAO I can't with those pics.

• Members

I love Michelle. She's an underdog and a real person who was thrown into the machine. She's adorable trying to keep up and live up to her popstar dreams! biggrin.png On a serious note, her solo pop album was FANTASTIC! We Break The Dawn is as good as most of Beyonce's stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk_R5awPMuM

As for Destiny's Child, for me they were best creatively with The Writing's On the Wall. After that they didn't harmonize anymore and it was Beyonce's voice being layered. I hated that since the harmonies were SO GOOD with the original lineup.

• Members

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Get On The Bus! That is a fierce little gem. And I agree about Kelly! She has SO MUCH potential, but she's afraid of being herself. She seems to enjoy doing straight up Pop music, but she also loves her R&B side. The problem is that she feels she can only release her Pop stuff overseas and the R&B stuff in the US. I think with her Here I Am album she should've cut off about six tracks and just done the best of ALL her material.

IMO, a hit campaign that could've propelled her to stardom would've been:

1st Single - Motivation - WORLDWIDE! This was too huge for her not to release it worldwide. I remember when she did a concert in the UK and this got the biggest response.

2nd Single - Down For Whatever - Again, this should've been worldwide. It could've appealed to that mindless pop music crowd.

3rd Single - Lay It On Me

4th Single - She could've done Rose Colored Glasses and just slayed.

But look at her new cd, she released the first single, Ice, like five months ago to radio and the video just came out. Then she followed it up with yet another Motivation rip-off called Kisses Down Low. Sorry, but a song about a girl getting eaten out isn't going to help her break out of this box. It's so frustrating. At least with Michelle her cd was good. With the right backing it would've been a hit because the material was so strong.

• Members

Michelle was always hired to be a b/u in DC. She did it well too and she is amazing at harmonizing, basically what she was hired to do. her solo parts always stick out and not in a great way because vocally she just isnt a pop/r&b star. she has a great theater and church voice though. Kelly is very talented, not as much as beyonce, but very much. Her issue is she just doesnt have that IT factor, but man motivation is my jam and most of her songs are really good.

• Members

IA with those that said Writing on the Walls was the best they were creatively. I loved that album. It was on constant rotation back when I was a teen. I loved all the songs on that even the non-singles. Say what you will about them, but IMO, Destiny's Child is the greatest girl group of our generation. None other even comes close. Actually maybe the Spice Girls, but for me DC was more appealing and had more overall talent.

tumblr_mhp5ypJrh61rpd1d2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mhp5k0crJr1qgv1i5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mhp51fFUa21rper2wo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mhp4jfpq5v1qiwxixo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mhp4igktFN1s50zm7o1_500.jpg

ETA:

Keyshia Cole needs to sit her ass down. She's talking greasy about Michelle on Twitter

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2013/02/04/keyshia-cole-trashes-michelle-williams-destinys-child-reunion/

• Members

Agreed..if she had the right people telling her what to sing and not sing ...shed have a better solo career because she has the voice.

Beyonce hasnt had any great songs as of late...I thought her last CD release was a big flop.....

Her performance at the super bowl was the same recycled [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

I wish Bey had performed her new single.

As for Kelly, I thought she was going to blow up back when she did When Love Takes Over w/David Guetta, I swear that song went top 5 in every country except the United States, would love to see her do pop/r&b hybrid like Rihanna. She is very popular in Europe though.

I thought Beyonce's last CD was her best lol... it just didn't get much attention bc she did more R&B and less pop/dance tracks.

Archived