Destiny's Child Thread

Cheap21

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why do they do Michelle like that? I hate how people shade and diminish poor Michelle. Why do they have to refer to her as a Beyonce fan? She's Beyonce's equal. Hell, Michelle is part of the reason why Destiny's Child went on to flourish [instead of flopping] and becoming a powerhouse She is equally talented as all the other Destiny Child members. Her niche was always stronger in the soul/gospel arena. Yes, she may not be able to cut a rug like Bey, but she can sure as hell go toe to toe in the singing arena.

Besides that, I love how she stuck up for her friend and it was a joy to see Mike Huckabee recant and somewhat cower.

That's one thing I can say about Beyonce, Michelle, Kelly, and even LeToya and LaTavia to a lesser extent. They may have had their issues in the past but they will not allow you to dog any DC members.

• Members

tumblr_ll40xcQaG11qdq5u6.gif

Michelle can SANG! Go listen to her numerous gospel singles. Again, she might not have been the best dancer but she can sure as hell sing ... unlike 95% of the music industry nowadays. And she can give Bey a run in the singing department.

I like Bey but she ain't the end all be all. She's just lucky that she's that one artist that happens to be the total package of this generation, so everyone clings to her and places her on a pedestal.

• Members

Maybe but Michelle did help them maintain success. Betcha if you asked Bey, she'd agree. DC didn't hit their peak till the Survivor era, which Michelle contributed to.

And Beyonce would've flopped had she went solo after Letoya & Latavia left. Whitney & Mariah still had the game on lock as the Queen Bee soloists at the time, and it was all about Britney and Christina at the time. Beyonce would've floundered. She would've been like a Janelle Monae or Ledisi of that period--extremely talented but lost in the storm.

• Members

Mariah and Whitney? Survivor was released in 2001. Hypothetically if Bey had released her first solo album that year that was the year Mariah flopped with Glitter and a rail thin Whitney performed at MJ's 30th Annoversary concert. They were not a legitimate threat and Bey is not a pop girl. Britney and Christina were in their own lane. LOL I hope I'm not coming across as a delusional fan because I actually do agree that Michelle doesn't deserve most of the shade she gets. I'm sure she's unbothered as she is a millionaire and so is Kelly. I would laugh at it if I were them tbh.

• Members

Survivor came out in '01? So thought it was '00, so I stand corrected on that. But still, Whitney and Mariah had a draw to them. And had Glitter not came out like it did, I think it would've did decent numbers. Hell, Glitter happens to be one of my fave Mariah albums. :P But I digress.

But I do believe that Brit and Christina would've still overshadowed Beyonce had she came out in '00. A one to two year difference played a huge part in Beyonce's success and her being smart. I seriously think that she knew it was smart to stick with DC awhile longer.

And thank you for agreeing that Michelle does not deserve the shade she gets.

To each his/her own. I actually enjoy Michelle's singing abilities. Her parts in the DC songs tend to be my favorite. Can't nobody tear a bridge up like Michelle IMO.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived