Y&R February 2013 Discussion

• Members

I truly don't get keeping the weakest, least successful couple going but Chlovin seem unbreakable. I agree that Chloe was better early on but I was glad when she got away from Billy and wouldn't want Chilly revisited. CF's Mac was terrible I agree.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Chloe worked best as a scheming supporting character. Her verbally abusing Esther and constantly pouting/smirking about what a victim she was and how superior she was just made her like a million other vapid hypocrites in Genoa City. I also don't think Liz Hendrickson has had chemistry with any men on any soap.

Actually, I did think she had a little chemistry with Daniel Goddard. I thought that story had more potential than the whole "Chloe and Billy are just alike," stuff, which never made sense to me, because Billy was written with five different personalities at that time.

• Members

Chloe sure was a nasty little B to her mother. If only Esther could see her broke loser daughter now. I don't think Chloe has shared a scene with Esther or Kay since JG took over though.

I don't quite agree with LH having no chemistry with men but I'd take lezzy Chloe over Chlovin. Chloe and Adriana tussle over the money, one thing leads to another...

• Members

LOL, unpopular opinion but I still want Ashley Bashioum back! :lol: I think she will have grown in leaps and bounds as an actress since her teen years on Y&R.

Chloe & Kevin are a sucking void of anti-chemistry. I thought Lulu & Johnny on GH were bad back in the day but these two are 1000 times worse.

Liz Hendricksen is uncomfortable at manufacturing sexual chemistry. BUT she did have sparks with Daniel Goddard and Billy Miller, IMO. The real overrated actor in this mess is Greg Rikkaart with his dead eyes and Kevin's awful backstory. Chloe may be a bitch but at least she's not an ex-internet groomer with an STD and chipmunk past. IMO, GR needs to go, LH given one last chance and, boy, what I would give to have JT, Raul and, yes, Colleen and their original actors (well, I'm cool with Adriana Leon for Colleen) brought back to the show. Now THERE was a chemistryful young (ish) set. I give props to JFP for the decision to recast Summer, Fen and Noah, though.

I got the feeling they kept Blake Hood (Kyle) around in case Billy Miller left the show and they needed somebody to "Wocka wocka!" [ © Fozzie Bear] their lines.

Another Unpopular Opinion but I have never seen Christel Khalil look as pretty as she does here! NuNoah and Ignacio Serrachio don't look so bad either.

Also: Angell Conwell looks like she could be Davetta Sherwood's big sister.

• Members

I loved that younger set. The actors and romantic stories were must see tv for me. I don't Y&R has come close to having a younger group before or since. I thought that JT/Colleen, Billy/Mac, and Brittany/Raul were going to be the show's foundation couples for years to come. I hated when Smith and Alden let the characters drift away and then later on there were the horrible recasts, bad pairings (Jt/Mac, blech), writing out of JT, and killing of Colleen, while the horror that is GR remains.

Chloe's social climbing issues never made any sense. She is Kay's goddaughter and basically a Chancellor. She was raised privileged and never wanted to money. It made even less sense that she was so scheming to marry Cane because he was a Chancellor when rich Billy was Delia's father. It was all about manufacturing drama.

Archived