DAYS: February 2013 Discussion

• Members

They have, but its all been so badly written and done and thats why i dont mind this go around (except the not worthy line) because I do feel it is very well written and being very well done and they have lives outside of the triangle, thank god. without this baby story to play into im sure id hate it this time around.

Forgot to comment, those Sami/Brady scenes were fantastic

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't with these 80s Bonnie Tyler looking flashbacks to Nick's prison time. Other than that, this story is WORKING for me. It's the best Days story in a long, long time. I'm also loving all of the Kristen business. It felt totally fun and classic Days today spending an episode with Victor playing mind games with Nicole, everyone being dragged to the station, etc. I'm really loving most everything about the show lately. As for the poster who brought up John/Stefano being chummy (forget who), they're always like this. Except for when Stefano has just done something nefarious, there's always scenes of them playing chess or swirling drinks, etc. they view each other as worthy adversaries, I think. I really am loving all of the Kristen biz though. If she develops feelings for Brady -- a few scenes have shown she has, slightly -- then him dumping her will be fun but it also won't ruin the character and necessitate her leaving the canvas. She's a devious bitch but not psycho, which I appreciate about her and also Nick's characterization lately.

• Members

I definitely feel that the storyline with Nick, Gabi and Will has revitalized the show a bit and that's what needed to happen. The show needed to find it's next big crop of stars and new blood to keep the show running and I think that's happened more or less now. I think the problem during other times were just that the show didn't keep on important characters to bridge the gap and didn't bother truly making them interesting like they have this time around (i.e. Belle, Shawn, Chelsea, Max). Even though I don't like Gabi or Will, I do feel like this storyline is pivotal to the show. I hope it all doesn't crumble apart at the end though.

• Members

I'm not sure if this would happen, but they already brought up the idea that Gabi had been with Andrew. I think it'd be sick and dark if Nick messed with the paternity test Will wants, then convinced Gabi to say Andrew had his way with her (probably against her will) and she didn't know how to tell anyone, but Will isn't the father.

Can we also discuss the fact that Nick and this heffa Gabi are living rent free at Caroline's (I haven't seen Nick at the damn mansion since he ran into Melanie there)? All the while Nick is scheming against Will, her grandson?

And LOL at Nick getting his "A" on and texting anonymous messages to Lucas. But I am loving that mixing Lucas in with this story, the Chloe story and now having him replace Billie on the church board is making good use of him because I was really worried he'd get axed when Tomlin/Whitesell broke him and Sami up.

• Members

Is this the first regime to truly use Lucas as both a Roberts/Reed AND a Horton? I honestly can't recall before this regime maybe once or twice I saw Lucas even acknowledge Jen as his sister and vice versa, in my ten and some change years as a viewer..I do miss his relationship with Maggie though.

Lol Michael, I laughed at his scene with Eric following his scene with Chloe. I had forgotten about his marriage to Nicole. He is SO Kate's son with his grudges and throwing shade at people. I actually love that about the two of them.

• Administrator
I think so? I think the wedding was at the Dimera mansion but there wasn't any guests or anything. My idea is that this time EJ doesn't do anything bad to mess it up, instead Sami comes to her realization and feelings on her own terms. EJ finally thinks he has it all, his children, Sami, he hasn't down anything to mess things up, he thinks he's finally in the clear. The wedding would happen at St. Luke's and there would be guests this time.

Because the writers don't know what to do with them. Kristen/John/Marlena/Stefano and Lucas/Sami/Austin/Carrie in the 90's lasted 4 straight years of amazing stories. Just because it's long doesn't mean it has to be tired out. You just need to have a vision.

• Members

Most of that though was because the stories moved so damned slowly and had so many fakeout climaxes. It was very carefully paced in an era where you could have virtually nothing happen all week and get away with it. The last few years they've burnt through so much story with EJ/Sami/Rafe in such a short time it's been exhausting to watch.

In all honesty, I'd just like to see Sami stick with EJ and have Sami in business stories and meddling in her kids' lives for awhile. I don't like that she, as a repeated rape victim, is romancing her most recent rapist, but if there's no other reasonable suitors on the show, keep the two of them together and act as the couple from hell. I want my angry, act-before-she-thinks Sami over the super-desirable mother of 20.

• Administrator
That's because we've had 4 different writing regimes in the last 5 years which translates into no vision.

No thanks! LOL She's never been a "smart" character who is believable as a business woman. Same with Nicole. I'd rather watch them in "personal" storylines instead of "work" related storylines.

• Members

Sami works so well in buisness stories, but not like the corperate takeover kind. She and Madison and she and Kate were great for her character. She also really works as Wills mother right now and being involved in his story. The show just needs to keep her doing more than bouncing between ej and rafe. The fact that her character isnt only involved with them had made this go around of the triangle far more interesting.

• Members

I do question somewhat just how well the Austin/Carrie/Lucas/Sami quad worked - I think that should have been wound down around the first time Sami was busted (I think that was 1996). By the end they'd even all but swapped Lucas out of the story in favor of Mike.

Archived