Big Brother Canada

darraholic

• Members

Why?! I feel like those deserve second chances given the sh-tty cast they were placed in. Having to endure the racism and bullying should ensure another chance for them. I'd even add Jessie from their season to that list too. Yes, Howard sucked but I think now he'd play a better game. Howard could've made it far had he not lied to Helen's face and came clean about the Moving Company like Spencer did.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought he was an idiot. He came across like a buffoon in that season with his lame attempts at gameplay. He also came across as less than smart when it came to talking to people. I was embarassed for him. He would have been better for a show like Survivor where muscles get you a longer way than brain and mouth

• Members

I don't know why BBUS won't do All Stars again?

Maybe because they cast shitty people and realize it's a STRUGGLE to actually put together a cast people would watch again, especially when you have one season a year. Maybe because they wasted Janelle, Boogie, Dan, Britney, Rachel, Jordan, Jeff, Dick, Dani and Brendon on shitty seasons with horrible newbie casts? 10 players who could have formed an all star season were used in just OK twists with shitty newbies I'd be fine never seeing again. Ian and Frank would be the only two I could see being asked back. They might be desperate and get looney Danielle (or overly tanned Shane) back.

There best chance at an All Star season is a legends season with winners and huge players but even that's a stretch.

And Chenbot, hun, if your hubs or whoever is in charge decreed this season to be all stars the newbies would be scrapped in a second. I wouldn't put much stock in what she says.

I remember the last two seasons people on the boards here and elsewhere were wanting All Stars and I was always like "why" and I still stand by that. I don't agree that they should NEVER do it again, but don't waste some of your most popular players on twists that suck.

• Members

I preferred it on Slice too. The casting was better and a bit more diverse (though BBCan still tops, for me, BBUS in terms of diversity in casting). Season 2 remains one of my favorite seasons of Big Brother ever.

If anyone has Twitter, you have to follow Jun. She's hilarious and just finished watching BBCAN2 and is rewatching All Stars. She lives in Belgium with her hubs and kid and runs Rice House, but she seems open to doing BB again. She seems to be on a BB nostalgia kick lately. Her tweets are just gold. I loved watching her play.

I don't think Godfrey is anywhere near Jun or Will's or even Dan's level. I don't know. Maybe when I eventually re-watch the season but he was virtually invisible for a majority of the beginning of the season. Not Willow levels, but close. I just never saw this amazing gameplay from him. He credits his amazing strategy for the JP blindside but it really had nothing to do with anything he did. I dunno. I want to like him and love his game but I really didn't see it. He talked big but it all seemed staged and scripted to me, especially his DRs. And speaking of that, I'm tired of the DR altogether. Zach's were awful, it was like he was reading a teleprompter every time with his goofy smile and grin. Sigh. Half of Britt's sounded scripted.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Arisa Cox did well to manage the chaos, but that studio audience was so deflated at the end.  The outcome was both shocking and hilarious.  I wish something like that would happen on BB USA; I would love to see how Chenbot would handle the situation. #ButFirst 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

It wouldn't happen on BBUS b/c production is so controlled with everything. Plus, I think they make the jurors do a practice run on BBUS before the live finale. I don't think (not sure) that BBCAN did a practice run during the original season. I think they do now and on every finale since s1, Arisa stresses to the jurors (with laughter) that they are voting for the person they want to win. 

The BB fandom was deflated at first, but we all got over it quickly. As aforementioned, Gary and Jillian were a strong and likable F2 that it was a win/win either way. Plus, Gary emerged as the big star and did all the spinoffs, so it worked in his favor anyways. I just wish his game was as tight in s5 as it was his first season. Gary was so checked out this second time playing. 

Archived