Gross & Perverted Soap Opera Moments

• Members

frequentsoapfan used the term 'the cancellation years'. I think what you just described would fit that term adequately. People might not have realized it then but the whole Liberty/Parker Janet/Jack storyline arcs were part of the cancellation years, when ATWT was not long for this World.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with you in a sense, but the year + of story it created I think was worth it, IMO. Dimitri as a character though never did recover as a result of the story it created. He became such an unlikable character when he fought for custody.

The antiabortion on AMC definitely gets my vote and the sadistic torture and murder of Greg Madden at the hands of a legacy character like Tad Martin.

That whole saga was just unbelievably offensive.

• Members

I thought it was hot. ph34r.png Perverted yes, but hot. I'm surprised that didn't happen before on AMC. Hell, when Erica was torn between Mike and Jack, she talked about wishing she could just push them together and make them into one perfect man. I'm surprised we weren't "treated" to a fantasy with Erica in bed with both of them.

• Members

To try and locate the whereabouts of his and Dixie's daughter Kate, who Greg Madden convinced a "dying" Dixie to sign over for adoption. Cady's open criticism of the story probably led in part to her firing in late 2006 too.

• Members

After the crap Erica went through in the 90s, she deserved a fun and light-hearted storyline for once. I loved Mike coming back! Nick Surovy is great, and it's a shame AMC couldn't get him to stay on longer. What pissed me off about the whole storyline though was that the point was supposedly to pit these two "great" loves of Erica's life against each other and see who she'd chose... except that when she DID finally choose Jack, he threw a fit and stomped off and left her and then barely spoke to her again until Bianca came back to town as a SORAS'd teenager a few years later. Mike being there would have had a far greater point if it had ended in Erica closing the door on that part of her life, realizing she wanted to be with Jack, and them getting married. Sure, they'd have broken up later, but having him walk out on her yet again just reaffirmed for her that she couldn't really trust that he'd always be there for her and exacerbated her abandonment issues. :(

Archived