Under Rated Writers

• Members

Oh my God, that broad at my show! She would have had a serial killer trap Kim or Nancy in the kitchen and off them (hell this is JFP she has to top herself, how bought both!!!)

Though, I can't even imagine her having to deal with Fulton....(Gautman just ignored her and they didnt writer for her, she was treated like the crazy Aunt in the attic) or....Hubbard!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wasn't FMB brought on because AMCwas beginning to slip a bit, and viewers felt there were too many characters and too many isolated stories? I know she first brought Maggie DePriest on as HW (I believe Nixon was focusing on Loving again at that time-as she would again in 1994), which seems to have lasted a year or so and then Nixon came on with McTavish slowly taking over. What I've seen of DePriest's stuff is kinda weird (but much better than when Rauch brought her on right after for OLTL--was she known as a soap writer doctor or something at the time?) in tone, but I do believein general FMB (and yes, with a lot of help from Nixon) helped to restructure the show for the 90s. Some characters like Cliff/Nina IMHO were kinda played out--and yet fans didn't like seeing Cliff with anyone else, and they quickly build a pretty solid base while not completely restructuring the families on the show like Bell did with Y&R in the early 80s. Obviously in hindsight it can be argued that some of this was a mistake, and a decade later we were stuck with some unfortunate characters and structure (the way it can be argued about Gottlieb's work at OLTL which was even more severe), but for the time being...

• Members

Like I said, I think FMB doesn't have the best judgement in some areas. She was with AMC in the 70s as was JDB. AMC dropped in the mid 90s, and I don't think it bounced back all that much when they brought in Broderick.

• Members

Who was the writer who wrote for AW around 83, 84,85? I think Tom King? That was the first and really only time I watched that show..but he had Felicia, and that good looking deep voiced guy, and Cecile and the black woman who went on to primetime and Wallingford, as this weird mini family and they would get into solving mysteries and going on adventures and kooky Lucy stuff, (like the horny gorilla.) I stopped watching when new writers cam on and it was all so serious, and years later I would turn it on and couldnt believe the lawyer guy was having all this angst and that Felicia was and no one was getting stuck in a trunk when they were looking for clues and it was kind of a shock.

I know it was the only time I liked Victoria Wyndam's Rachel ..she had amnesia and got kooky and looked at her closet and said, "I was DOWDY????"

Archived