Your LEAST Favorite Opening Sequences

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I enjoyed the Gayle/Morris AW opening. The graphics became horribly dated but I still enjoy it, and it's far less dated than that generic, overedited JFP opening that ended up having about three people in it.

I also agree about Cass (I keep wanting to type "Cas" now...damn shows with giving similar names to characters I become a fan of).

My worst soap opening ever will probably always go to GH of the last few years. Screeching animal sounds and seizure-inducing graphics. It's like being present at one of Guza's ritual sacrifices to Steve Burton. That family of five from Toledo was never seen again.

• Members

I'll say this much: the paintbox opening (tm Eddie Drueding) evoked perfectly the feeling of wistfulness and romance. You really wanted to be taken away to "another world" after watching. But I don't believe it looked very professional. To me, it seems more like the kind of thing YT users with too much time on their hands and thousands of clips at their disposal would concoct.

• Members

Yes the last AW opening aka the Another World as ER opening. That had me shaking my head. I think the graphics for the AW "Take Me Away" were good in their time, but now it looks dated as it also did when they kept it for so many years with all that pastel especially when grunge became a thing.

• Members

I actually loved the last AW opening. I loved the excitement of it, seeing all these actors walking around in New York, the colors, and the music. The version of the music for the closing was the best -- haunting.

As for least favorite opening, that would have to be when ATWT became a screen saying "as the world turns" in the final years -- not even any music, and no actors. I hated pretty much all the openings in the Chris Goutman era -- either loud music, horrible fonts, or tacky colors. I liked the sleepy ATWT opening before Chris Goutman came on board, with the slow theme song, and with Don something or whatever his name was (P&G announcer guy) saying "As The World Turns" at the end. I never found it boring although many did.

• Members

Y&R's red opening. There, I said it. If the current one didn't have Nadia's Theme playing, I would hate it too. Giggly Heffa playing with her shirt sleeves while crinkling her nose? WTF?

GL's last theme sucked, I thought. I loved their early/mid 80s theme, though. So sweeping. And I adored their Disco Opening.

For some reason. one of ATWT's openings -- the golden one -- reminded me of Children of the Corn.

• Members

I liked "Only Love," GL's last theme. The visuals were good too. The worst GL opening was the Conboy one with the "news" theme and the letters. I liked all GL openings though. My favorite openings were probably the one in the late 80s on a blue background, the one in the 90s with the spinning light, and the exciting 2005 one.

Also, thanks for the info on Dan Region, MissLlanviewPA!

Archived