Why do you like Daytime??

• Members

The other day I was trying to figure out why I like Daytime so much. I noticed that with Primetime you are constrained to one Genre. You can't have Law and Order do a story Grimm does. With daytime, you can have one story about medicine, another about family, another about law, and the other about Time-Travel. I also like that they run daily.

So why do all of yall like Daytime?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure if it's that I like them so much as I'm sure they fill some sort of void in my emotional damages and whatnot, the characters always being there to enjoy even when your friends are assholes. Just being honest LOL. I do enjoy them though for the most part but I probably wouldn't be so into them if I hadn't started at like 14.

• Members

When I was a child, it captivated my attention with all the silly plots, the belief in 'eternal love' and similar [!@#$%^&*] (see Sunset Beach).

Then during my teenage years, it fit perfectly for some time, while I was going through a dark period (see The Young and the Restless).

And now? Mostly just to pass time. (once again, The Young and the Restless).

• Members

In no other broadcast medium can you follow a character's journey from birth to 'death' in almost real time. For example, I remember when Sami and Eric were born. I remember when Stefano kidnapped them. I remember when Sami returned to Salem when she was 15. When she saw John and Marlena on the conference room table and so on....

Movies and primetime are great, but I don't feel you get as intimately involved with the characters' lives as you do in daytime.

Archived