The Cher Thread

YRBB

• Members

Woman's World is fabulous! Much better than her early 00s dance tracks. I downloaded her Discography years ago and I've listened to a lot of it. I love her 70s albums (Dark Lady is my favorite) and Half-Breed is just a wonderful song. I haven't found much love for her 80s stuff yet, but I'll give that a go eventually. Considering I love pop music so much you'd think I'd love Believe and the album that followed, but all the vocoder and autotune killed it for me. Cher's voice is too strong for that. It just sounds weird and takes me out of the song.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow, some of her performance at The Voice was very shaky (she tweeted about some vocal issues during rehearsal) but the song seemed to have a good reception. I think she did very well for someone her age.

Eric, considering that most people haven't heard the song and it was never officially released (just leaked), it's basically new to them, so I don't think that will affect its success.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

lol No worries! I think Warner just posted it on YouTube since it leaked. I'm glad you heard it at clubs, I have yet to hear it. I'm pretty sure the radio will ignore her, unless they make an effort like they did with Madge last year for a little bit.

I hope it's included--at some point, Cher was calling it a contender for the first single. And Pink wrote her a song, too. I hope Pink's radio-friendliness give Cher a big hit LOL I would love to hear her back on the radio.

The album is going to be called Closer To The Truth, btw, and is going to be released on September 24, 2013.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

Cher has NO BUSINESS being as amazing as she is at her age. It's ridiculous! To be able to pull off a performance like that at 67 and to be releasing a mainstream pop album at 67 and feel credible is AMAZING. Every young pop star needs to be following Cher's career. It's just insane to think of how each decade she continues to pull off these transformations and release great music. She really has touched so many generations. I was just blown away by that Woman's World performance! How is she almost 70?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GElt81DKhZI

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Anybody listened to Closer To The Truth yet? I loved it!

It's not groundbreaking but the whole album went by before I even knew it and there were several songs that left me :o with orgasmic pleasure.

"Take It Like A Man," "My Love," and Sirens particularly pleased me. I have no idea why "Sirens" isn't already a single, since it so resembles the folky songs so popular on radio now lol And it shows so well how that genre of music fits her still. "Lovers Forever" is like something straight out of the 80s. I was expecting more from the P!nk songs but they're still great (I Walk Alone with its tiny country influences and Lie To Me is a sweet ballad that has Cher saying "!@#$%^&*]")

I am really excited and will be giving it several more spins lol