The Cher Thread

YRBB

• Members

Not sure if anyone here cares but "Woman's World," the first single off of Cher's upcoming 26th album, has been out for over a month now (and I had no idea). Not officially released yet. Doesn't really compare to her classic stuff but I love it and I'm glad she's coming back after 11-12 years!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gXAZ-wvNtU

Edited by YRBB

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I love all things Cher!! I really don't get the deal with her new music, though. I love "Woman's World", but this "new album" has been pushed back and pushed back for over a year and even this single has been drifting in cyber space for what seems like forever. I'm really gonna need her record label to step up! My favorite work from Cher was actually on her most recent album, 2001's "Living Proof"...flawless dance pop!

• Members

It's flawless pop!

Love her oldies too!

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I think she's really taking her time recording it... the only reason Woman's World is out is because it was leaked and it forced Warner to put it on YouTube. But, yes, I would love for it to come out already.

I'm really surprised that your favorite album is Living Proof! I loved it but I suspect it's not a very popular opinion... and they took the over the top autotuning way waaaay too far! I'm glad to see this album is looking different.

• Members

Years ago, I was visitng my late ex-girlfriend in L.A., and she was on a serious Cher jag. She would play her "best of" album in the car and as a biracial person, I remember cutting up when she played the song "Half-breed". Later that week, we were driving to a restaurant and who should I see driving a vintage pickup truck??