Y&R: Burton explains his return TV

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, I'm always curious about soaps in transition, so I have been peeking at Y&R of late and it's kind of at least diverting to me as a relative non-viewer. I don't think it's good per se, but it's got some intriguing things. They finally have Jack and Phyllis sharing time together again, which is good. I find the choice to showcase Jessica Collins and Avery so much to be so strange and random - not that she's a bad actress but it seems like such an odd, unexpected move that bears watching - and I like that they actually hired more men of color. The new Noah still looks way too old and appears to be wearing a wig. I'm always curious to watch JFP work and slowly assimilate her soaps like the Borg.

So I'll probably take a look at Steve's debut, even though I can't stand him.

• Members

One (Tyler) is being used as a temporary speed bump for Lane (and a convenient solution against certain controversies).

The other (Mason) hasn't been paired with anyone yet (but he'll be the unsuccessful part of a love triangle with two white characters in a couple of months)

In six months both he & Tyler will be fighting Devon for Roxy in a backburnered story before they're both are made recurring & subsequently fired.

Archived