Big Brother 15: Discussion Thread

• Members

What annoys me is that there have been racial slurs made by other houseguests, but only Aaryn is made the villain. Plus, Jeff made homophobic comments too, but CBS didn't have the balls to show that their saint was in fact a sinner.

Glorious television! I loved it!

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Julie and a statement made it clear they showed it because it was causing an issue in the house for aaryn and it was part of the story and they are right. A clip package of every racist remark would not fit the show and likely be two hours long at this point. I'm sure if it impacts others game they will show it as well.

• Members

I hope you're right about the backlash for Aaryn. I was stunned when Amanda tried to get her to rethink her racist comments and she was so deluded about it.

I loved Julie's body language; I think she's really going to let Aaryn have it when that piece of sh-t is eventually evicted!

I liked Nick, but I'm glad the Moving Company (worst name ever) has broken apart.

I had to laugh at GM's overreaction.

I'm so thrilled to have Helen as HOH and I've voted 10 times for her to be MVP, too. I don't hate Elissa as much as I did her sister, but I don't like her constantly being chosen MVP.

• Members

Steve, do you have the live feeds? Elissa does come off nice enough but just a little bit off-putting on CBS Big Brother, but if you watch the feeds - that's one of the main reasons why she's continuing to win MVP. It's a mix of so many people in the rest of the house being so awful as human beings and her being one of the nicer people in the house who is also one of the people getting rather abused for just existing. You add that to Rachel's spike in popularity in Season 13 and it's hard for her to lose because MVP is more about popularity than the game.

You're going to be laughing a lot more on Sunday. (GM)

• Members
IDA and think its a BS reason. How many random segments which add nothing to the overall plot are included in the episodes? 2 hours long? Talk about overexageration. They didnt dwell on GM but she was thrown into the first racist segment to highlight that she was involved in that. There was no follow up to that with her in the next so what story were they crafting? It was only a few seconds. The same could and should have happened with the other offenders. I commend CBS for at least addressing it to some degree but they lose points for not calling Aaryn (and the others) out on it and making them stop.

• Members

WTF!?! Aaryn actually called Candice Laquisha to her face? Wow. This sh-t is ugly and disgusting and Aaryn, Ginamarie and Kaitlin should all be ashamed of themselves for their blatant racial bullying. Kaitlin snapping her fingers, talking in ghetto speak and GM asking if Candice is going to get black on her is just too much. I HATE theses bitches

• Members

Have, Have-Not competition was fabulous. ROFL. Damn McCrae for failing.

Except for her being somewhat obnoxious in the DR, the way they edit Helen on the broadcast version of CBS BB is insanely inaccurate.

Amanda says almost as much racists (and bullying) things as Jeremy and the Heathers, too.

Guess, one has to take what they can get. At least a portion of the real crap going on here is being shown.

• Members

Amanda fits the TV role of talking about racism, but doesn't practice it.

I haven't watched this yet but I'm sorry to hear they didn't show Judd calling those women trash. Or much Judd at all.

I feel so sorry for Howard and Candice, it's going to be tough to watch this.

It's a shame that such a trainwreck is what has finally made BB step up their editing.

• Members

What was the point of Howard trying to throw the Have/Have Nots competition. What was so stupid. I know he's thrown challenges in the past as to not look like a strong competitor but tis was a team challenge. If they won, it wasn't going to be merely on him. He wouldn't be singled out as being strong and besides it was a pretty bad punishment if they lost bc no one wants to be a have not for a week. He is not a very good player. Its like he tried to study up on the biggest Big Brother clichés and tried to stick to the script even though things change, and he's not changing with it. Like lying to Helen about the MC. He may be a dummy but people aren't as dumb as he might think. He's not too perceptive at all bc at that point it was obvious she knew. She pretty much spelled it out for him and he still lied.

• Members

How do they MAKE them stop?

As disgusting, vile and hateful as it is. its not against any rules. They cant punish them for being racist. the show is helping thesuperfriendship evict them all, but im not sire there is anything else they can do. next year tho, they can add a rule into their contracts about language/hateful comments - but i doubt it.

Archived