Phick fans vs Shick fans

Shick fans vs Shadam fans

Shadam fans vs Chadam fans

Christel Khalil fans vs Davetta Sherwood fans

Lyndsy Fonseca fans vs Adrianne Leon fans vs Tammin Sursok fans

Y&R fans vs fans of stunt-cast actors from other soaps

Lane and Villy fans vs sane people

• Members

You have no idea. There were people who claimed REG got pregnant on purpose so that the show would be forced to write John as the father then when she miscarried in her FIFTH month they said that was proof that God was a Jolie. I know that the people who wrote that stuff aren't the norm for Jolie or any fanbase but I have to admit that I'll never forget those comments because they changed the way I felt about OLTL and soaps in general.

• Members

It's always been there. I have no doubt about that. It's that we didn't know how much but I am sure the networks knew because they were recipients of the fan mail that spewed all the vitriol. With the emergence of the net, now we are all privy to what the nastiest fan mail was saying in the 80's.

But what makes it even worse it that viewers can now reach out and touch stars via social networking and get immediate gratification with a response. They can be as messy and hateful as their hearts will allow. As for some of us viewers, we can even get on the hit list of stars (yes, I caught the eye of a certian egomanical attention seeker on Y&R myself...I was not flattered). Where they make it their life's work for the day to get you banned from message boards and other media outlets. It's more entertaining than the actual show most times.

• Members

I thought that crap brought out the absolute worst in both fanbases. There were some vile comments about two beautiful woman. It was mind-boggling to watch from as far away as I could get. Then of course, it turned on the Jared/Nat fans a few years later - I could have sworn the Jolie ass cake actually came about when Jared and Natalie were paired up in lieu of Jolie.

Honestly, they were equal opportunity insanity to me. A perfect storm of race and weight [!@#$%^&*]. I had opted out of Jolie before those wars really got heated, but I got very tired of being called a racist every six days because TWOP didn't think Evangeline hung the moon or that every male actor on the show had a hard-on for her, er, Renee, and I got even more tired of hearing about how David Fumero and Cristian were unacceptable love interests for her because he was not a first-tier leading man - it was that kind of casual disrespect for him and for Tim Stickney that always ground my gears, even though Renee herself seemed to be most pleased with the pairing with Cris, and seemed to be trying to steer her inter-warring fanbases towards it in print. Regardless of my opinion of her character and what I thought were just so-so acting skills, I always liked REG as a person. She was lovely and a sweetheart, and unlike her fanbase she often said when her character was being a hypocrite, including during the initial debacle with R.J. and John. (She also should have come back to make trouble for Layla and Cris, but oh well. I thought it was a waste to kill her off.)

• Members

Is 1.7 supposed to be the rating? One that is low only due to that ill conceived, lacking in chemistry, SL limiting , and just senseless in every way Jolie breaking up? Why is it that every fan base swears up and down that their fave character or couple brings in the ratings? I guess that it is another topic.

• Members

I remember Jack and Julia versus Carjack. But the writers just had to throw her under the bus then kill her off. That was when ATWT was interesting. Alot of the stan wars stem from daytime fans loving a certain actor and follow him/her from soap to soap. Noticed that when SN and GF came to Y&R...then all of a sudden Tucker and GenV were soul mates. Eh! Where is the history supporting that. And no amount of MAB's backstory could make it so especially when Tucker had made all these statements to Ashley...but I am veering off course.

• Members

The best one ever....especially Lane. There is no talking to them. None. Lily is the best character to everu grace Y&R and Cane is a "Prince". They will forever bemoan that Cane's birthright was taken from him as a Chancellor because he was paired with Lily and he needs to get it back...even at the expense of every character on the show. Devon gets most of their ire because he is actually Kay's grandchild and a double heir. In their mind it should be Cane. I am so glad that GF/GenV left just to spite them so that Cane will not be related to Kay ( because I just know that if she had stayed they would have told that story for GenV and Tucker.)That is their deepest desire...that the "prince" is somebody in town. It's very odd.

Archived