Worst Soap Stan Wars of all Time?

• Members

I was long over Jolie even at that point - since early 2004, really - but it wasn't just Jolies those folks were calling racist. Any critique of Evangeline's character and how you found the story unbelievably boring, or how the show made the sun shine out of her ass was racist. It was obviously the best love story ever told, she was obviously a three-dimensional character and Michael Easton was obviously jizzing his pants in their love scenes, which they could clearly document Zapruder-style with grainy video evidence if you let them. And any calls for how you'd rather see, say, the Gannons instead were just silly because everyone knew the Gannons were boring and worthless vs. Evangeline.

There were definitely some equally ignorant Jolie fans and still are - they got especially insufferable when Jared came around - but I don't remember quite the same rash of self-righteous people trying to invade TWOP and call us all bigots for not liking Van. There was practically a revolving door at one point as each one got banned or ragequit from that forum.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think there was a white tree (Stefan/Katherine fan signal), or something, I don't know.

It's a good thing this is just limited to daytime, as fans of sci-fi/horror/etc. have done things like call up people who run conventions and try to convince them not to ask certain actors to appear.

• Members

This is so true. Neither Jax nor Sonny got the bus wheels to ensure a clear cut victory (by writing design) for the other. Writers have post the art of fair story telling. Now they must tell us all who to root for with the writing. Oddly. this has the opposite effect that intentioned...usually end up with many unhappy fans.

Yes I remember they were nasty about it but I don't remember exactly what they said.

• Members

The best work that Laura Wright ever did was David Andrew McDonald. He was a very talented actor, best she ever worked with, and he pushed her to raise her game. Bradley Cole was pathetic, but he apparently had this intense fanbase of women who pushed from him to get back on GL and ran around attending his concerts and swooning over. RME. They succeeded in getting him rehired and DAM the far more talented actor fired. That is the soaps for ya.

• Members

I have to throw the TSJ/RH/Real Todd/Fake Todd battles onto this list. In some ways that was/is worse than a couple war.

Be grateful. I wish I could forget some of the things I read. I've never seen people celebrate a miscarriage before but I guess that's a side effect of so many plot point pregnancies on soaps. Some people lose track of what's real vs. fake.

Archived