Should other soaps be rebooted?

• Members

No they are not being played in arcs. Each soap is shooting 168 episodes which will air M-TH for 42 weeks with a recap show every Friday.

However, PP is shooting AMC & OLTL in rotation. They will film 5 weeks of AMC then 5 weeks of OLTL then repeat until each soap has produced 168 episodes. By doing the rotation, both shows can use the same studio and crew (Cameras, Lights, sound etc) & save money

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Khan, I think that's it! As a matter of fact, I think I found that Wiki before when I was trying to figure out the name of the show. But yes, Sunday mornings, religious flavor, that must be it.

The particular episode I remember was called "Intimate Stranger" and it starred a Rosalid Cash-type actress and this quaint young woman who wanted to form a relationship with her. Bootleg Rosalind Cash kind of brushes her off and the poor young girl ends up committing suicide. BRC then realizes the girl was her long-lost daughter that she'd given up. I remember the title becase someone asks her at the end of the show if she knoew the deceased and BRC melodramatically blubbers that she was "an intimate stranger."

• Members

A new version of Generations would be nice. AMC-Online can keep Debbie Morgan, The character of Chantal can be recasted (Really James Reynolds and Debbie Morgan as father and Daughter??). They can feel us in after Henry's heart attack or however it ended and introduced the other Marshall Daughter (Victoria Rowell)

• Members

They could always do a Santa Barbara summer series. :P Eccentric grandma Augusta in the Minx role and a bunch of newbie Lockridges, Capwells, Castillos... young, hot, dumb people on the beach in California, so what else is new?

• Members

The flop Depp movie you mean ;)

But DS obviously could be rebooted. The 90s reboot wasn't bad, and was partially a victim of circumstances--I never saw the more youth oriented WB pilot, but obviously there was some thought it could work (I'm a little surprised that the CW didn't try bringing that back as a companion to Vampire Diaries, or something--even though, as much as I enjoy some of Vamp Diaries, I don't have much interest in seeing DS done the same).

Maybe not as successful, but people suggesting Edge of Night makes more sense to me as well--the mystery/crime aspect could be played up, and while they could keep character names, they probably could get away with doing something that's not necessarily all that faithful but keeps some of the style.

Archived