JERRY VER DORN Joins New “ONE LIFE TO LIVE”

• Members

http://rdsn.net/buzz/2013/01/07/jerry-ver-dorn-joins-new-one-life-to-live/

Hello Everybody. One Life Lives. And good things come to those who wait. Or so it is said. About an hour ago I agreed to be part of theOLTL revival and I’m thrilled to be involved in entertainment history as the show we love moves to other formats. The fans consistent drum beat of support played a large part in Prospect Park never giving up trying to find a solution. And today they announced it to the world. With the cherry-on-the-top-news that Agnes Nixon has been hired as a consultant! For those who doubted, I don’t blame you as this has never been done before. For those who never lost hope and never stopped writing and calling, well, good things come to those who wait. Congratulations to you all. Welcome back to Llanview. Love, jerry verDorn.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hated how Jerry was so eager for this the last time, and put his credibility on the line, only for the whole thing to fall through. That he's signed up for this again, in some ways, makes me feel a little sad, because he deserves a lot better than this chain-jerking. But he must have confidence in it, and for that reason, I hope he's proven right.

• Members

Well I can't blame him there. Jerry ver Dorn should never be retired unless he wants to be. He's one of the finest actors I've ever seen.

I still don't think this will happen but I hope it does and if not then I hope all this might get he, Erika Slezak, and so many other talented vets some good role somewhere.

• Members

I just hope KDP doesn't roll up. The mockery will never end.

I wouldn't be opposed to this, or any of them joining, if the whole thing didn't seem so slapped together and on the cheap, with personnel that just do not inspire confidence on any level. And it seems designed to keep the OLTLers off GH or at least to keep money in PP's pockets from their continued usage.

• Members

Frankly, I don't know what to think. Yes, I agree, JVD is one of the finest actors around and that he should keep working for as long as he wants. But I really don't want to see him get his hopes up again, nor do I want to see tackle once more a role that (I'm sorry to say) he was and is ill-suited for.

Archived