Truth or Dare: Embarrasing Soap Confessions Edition

• Members

All of my friends know that I'm a Susan Lucci freak and tease me about it going waaayyy back. I have done more than a few school projects on soaps including two video projects on Susan. One was a mess as we were not prepared to present that day and me and my partner got an "E".

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For many years I did not realize that Nathan Purdee had left the role of Nathan on Y&R and had been replaced by Randy Brooks. I just thought he had played the role, left, and was replaced by that awful actor with the skunk hair. I was not paying enough attention to all of Y&R at that time to notice, just certain stories, when I had time. I didn't realize until reading up on the show quite some time later. I felt like a dumbass, even more than usual.

• Members

I had to record a five-minute audio on any topic for an audio production class in college -- this was way back in the early 80s. I did it on soaps, and scored it to "General Hospi-Tale" by the Afternoon Delights.

I often find myself whistling or humming old soap themes and scores, sometimes in the presence of other people.

• Members

During the summer when I was 12, I taped the entire Bo, Hope, Larry and Megan storyline on my portable cassette player by holding the cassette player up to the speaker on the TV. Then I would listen to the audio over and over until I could repeat the dialogue from memory.

Archived